Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern:

While I have sent David Boggs two private messages offering my apology, as of 2/13/04 I have yet to receive any formal or informal response from him. While technically I did nothing illegal or outside the current Viper National rules, I do agree my actions were not in the best interest of sportsmanship. I am sorry if my or Kevin's actions did anything to undermine the integrity of the recent Viper Nationals held in Orlando, Florida. I can assure you in future Viper Nationals or track sponsored events we will act with professionalism and respect for those around us at all times.

Regards,
Matthew Yates

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Actually, a little controversy is a fun thing. I might start some shit just for the fun of it. LOL

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Nice post Matt, and hopefully everyone will settle down over this matter and some new controversy will be able to take place - LOL!

·
Registered
950 Posts
OK, I'll Start... We're coming to BG with the intention of taking everyone downtown! How's that?

BTW, I apologize as well if anything that transpired on our dyno fueled this wildfire! I enjoyed meeting all the new players and hope to see everyone in BG.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice apology, its over, that horse is dead...

Chuck,LMAO!
I would call you a Di_k to start some crap if I knew you better..

Andy

·
Registered
582 Posts
While technically I did nothing illegal or outside the current Viper National rules, I do agree my actions were not in the best interest of sportsmanship.
Matt, I wasn't there nor am I involved in the Nationals in any way, but speaking just as one who has read about this saga for the last week, it still sounds as if you're taking the Pete Rose approach. IOW, even in offering an apology, you're still insisting you didn't really break the rules, which sounds kind of like "I'm sorry others weren't as smart and cunning as I was" and arguably isn't much of an apology. I don't personally know what the facts were, but based on what I've read, there was clearly no sale. It takes more than signing a title to constitute a sale (even assuming Kevin's signing your name to the title was valid in the first place). Among other things, it takes an exchange of consideration (i.e., something you received for the car, usually money), which apparently never happened, and there must be an INTENT to have a sale, which was also absent. As others pointed out, an actual sale would have triggered duties to pay taxes on the sale, which apparently didn't occur either. It's obvious you've got the car back, and I assume you guys either marked through the signature on the title or tore it up and filed for a lost title. But to keep relying on a nonexistent sale as keeping you in technical compliance with the rule is an exercise in futility, unless money changed hands, etc.

It seems clear that you regret the whole thing and would like to put it behind you, and I hope you can accomplish that. I also look forward to seeing your car run, whether later this year or next year.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
im all about the racing and all alterior motives aside, an appology is good enough, but im not the bossman. i would like to see this bucket run again though. in most instances a second chance is deserved and i think this is one of those

damn i cant fuckin wait til bowling green, I really got some work to do now that i pussed out in bradenton

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
LOL Way to stir the pot RedGTS. Let's get this fired up again and have some fun a BG.

Hey, I'm looking for a GTS I can buy for $1. Anybody know where I can git one?

Oh, and I heard Dr. Roof isn't really a doctor at all. What's up with that?

·
Registered
582 Posts
LOL Way to stir the pot RedGTS. Let's get this fired up again and have some fun a BG.
No pot stirring intended. /images/graemlins/smiles Just my thoughts, which ultimately don't matter anyway. It's David's thoughts that matter, at least as far as future races go. Matt sent me a PM with some more thoughts of his own, btw, and very professional I might add. I really hope this all gets worked out so he can race again soon.

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
In all the racing that I have been involved with , no racer was ever banned unless he put another person's life in danger. Safety comes first , any other infraction was usually dealt with by a warning or some sort of probation or loss of points at that event. :twocents: (let the boy race his hot rod)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sounds like he really wants to join in our fun Roof, give them a 2nd chance and let em race. You really seemed like a fair guy and I enjoyed spending time racing at your event. Hell what would it hurt maybe it will just drive you to go even faster :burn: :burn: I would love to see the red against the blue at BG.
Chad

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Sounds like a heartfelt apology. I think a second chance is warranted (But blown and undergound racing -all eyes are on you next time, keep your noses clean)....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts