Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scott Speed one of the drivers that won the Red Bull contest a few years ago made his testing debut with the Red Bull team driving last years Jag. Surprisingly he did extremely well considering what car he was driving.

Edit: I forgot to add "With Austrian Christian Klien not guaranteed his racing seat for the San Marino Grand Prix, Red Bull could be looking for someone to drive the third car on Fridays. Klien is not eligible for the role and the team's current third driver Vitantonio Liuzzi is widely expected to replace him alongside David Coulthard."

Pos Driver Team-Engine Tyres Time Laps
1. Speed Red Bull-Cosworth (M) 1:16.122 39
2. Heidfeld Williams-BMW (M) 1:16.674 120
3. Pizzonia Williams-BMW (M) 1:17.160 111
4. Jani Red Bull-Cosworth (M) 1:18.037 51

All Timing Unofficial

http://aplicacions.circuitcat.com/TempsOnLine/Pagines/EntrenamentsF1.asp?Idioma=2

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
If Schumacher was American he would have never even gotten a ride.
But since he's sucked more cock than Elton John, Schumacher is the poster boy for all that is European.

[image]http://www.megalong-games.com.au/games/ig/4245.jpg[/image]

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts
Scott Speed is the Real Deal. I've only heard snippets of his journey to Yrrup, but he has been consistently in the top 3 of any series he's entered. The Red Bull Driver Search appears to be paying off!

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
F1 is a bunch of snobs and they hate Americans. Americans will never do well in F1. If Schumacher was American he would have never even gotten a ride.
Although I have never seen a group of sportsmen be so respectful, humble and emotionally hurt along with us as F1 was after 9-11-01

·
Sexist
44,750 Posts
Toby said:
Although I have never seen a group of sportsmen be so respectful, humble and emotionally hurt along with us as F1 was after 9-11-01
And it's greatly appreciated. I said they were snobs, not idiots.

Get real. In all of the U.S. there isn't a good enough American to find a decent F1 ride? Eddie Cheever deserves a lifetime achievement award for having put up with the bullshit all those years. Danny Sullivan, Michael Andretti? They couldn't even get Michael Andretti a decent ride? I'm not saying an American has to win every race but a podium finish once in a while would be better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
And it's greatly appreciated. I said they were snobs, not idiots.

Get real. In all of the U.S. there isn't a good enough American to find a decent F1 ride? Eddie Cheever deserves a lifetime achievement award for having put up with the bullshit all those years. Danny Sullivan, Michael Andretti? They couldn't even get Michael Andretti a decent ride? I'm not saying an American has to win every race but a podium finish once in a while would be better than nothing.
Andretti had a good ride you can blame that debacle on him, if he would have committed 100% to that team he would have been fine. He does virtually no testing and instead of getting a house over there he flies over for every race??? Oh and what about that nobody that replaced him some guy by the name of Hakkinen who went on to win two world championships with that same team.

The thing that I really like about Speed, he has absolutely no interest in nascar. :nod:

·
Sexist
44,750 Posts
Boiler said:
Andretti had a good ride you can blame that debacle on him, if he would have committed 100% to that team he would have been fine.
Probably, but it doesn't change the fact that F1 doesn't really give a shit if any Americans are in F1.

In contrast, America actively pursues foreign drivers. And it aint because of any shortage of American talent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the reason that there are no american f1 drivers is that the racing in america is diffrent to what you will see in europe
in america poeple like to see a car go around in an oval for 200 times at constant hispeeds while in europe the races ar on narrow winding tracks with many corners and hairpins.
so the diffrent racing styles produce drivers that are good at what they do.

didnt mario andretti get a drive for ferrari and went to win the championship
(or does he count as an italian?)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
F1 is a bunch of snobs and they hate Americans. Americans will never do well in F1. If Schumacher was American he would have never even gotten a ride.

I don't think thats the big issue, more that euro drivers are brought up racing carts and moving up through the F series cars. We don't have much of that over here, most kids are either drag racing or riding moto bikes from what I have seen. If there were american drivers that could hang in F1 i'm willing to bet they would have no problem getting a full ride.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
speedlover said:
didnt mario andretti get a drive for ferrari and went to win the championship
(or does he count as an italian?)
Mario Andretti was born in Montona, Italy

He didnt win the championship with Ferrari but did drive for them on a limited basis.

He won the 1978 F1 Championship for Lotus.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts
Toby said:
Having a steady stream of American Drivers would really add to an already amazing sport.

...Maybe bring more coverage and interest here in the USA too.
I find less and less amazing about F1. This season has started off like dog poop.

I say they need to bring back qualifying tires and hand grenade motors. This split time deal truly sucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.