Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
I've never used one of these systems. Do they really work. It's a good idea to use pre oil the engine. I'm sure it would cut wear and tear. The oil is pushed thought the lubication system up into the heads right? It doesn't say that on the site but is that what it does.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I think sean roe used to sell his own version, but pulled it from his product offerings. I didnt bother to read the whole writeup so Im not sure if the AMS-oiler provides additional oiling in a low pressure situation, but other than reducing some wear during engine startup, that would be one of the main advantages...especially for the road race guys.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Smokin' when your talking about road racing and low pressure; your talking about when you go into a hard turn and the oil pickup tube picks up some air right?

Now let's say that this does detect that kind of situation and dumps more oil into the system. Wouldn't that cause there to be too much oil and thus cause frothing(sp???) when the car comes out of the turn. Also I would assume it would refill it's self causing oil levels to drop back to normal after the turn. On the site it does state it take 40sec to refill it's self. Then the whole process would repeat it's self once you hit the next turn.

Or does this thing work only once when the car starts up? Then only resets after the car is shut off.

What a bitch for a oil change. You'd never get all the old oil out. You'd have to turn the key on...wait for it to dump the oil, then you can do a oil change as normal. Then you have to overfill the oil system so it can fill back up after 40sec of the car running with too much oil. Maybe running for a min with too much oil isn't a bad thing considering.

Does anyone have any hard data on these kinds of systems?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The AMS-Oiler is only for start up, it pressurizes the system so your not spinning several hundred revolutions on bearings before the engine oil pump builds up the pressure. I think, that as normal oil pressure rises it refills the canister and is trapped until your next restart.

·
13,280 Posts
Tanked said:
Smokin' when your talking about road racing and low pressure; your talking about when you go into a hard turn and the oil pickup tube picks up some air right?

Now let's say that this does detect that kind of situation and dumps more oil into the system. Wouldn't that cause there to be too much oil and thus cause frothing(sp???) when the car comes out of the turn. Also I would assume it would refill it's self causing oil levels to drop back to normal after the turn. On the site it does state it take 40sec to refill it's self. Then the whole process would repeat it's self once you hit the next turn.

Or does this thing work only once when the car starts up? Then only resets after the car is shut off.

What a bitch for a oil change. You'd never get all the old oil out. You'd have to turn the key on...wait for it to dump the oil, then you can do a oil change as normal. Then you have to overfill the oil system so it can fill back up after 40sec of the car running with too much oil. Maybe running for a min with too much oil isn't a bad thing considering.

Does anyone have any hard data on these kinds of systems?
Dont talk to me dipshit. I wont talk to you either. I'll just go out of my way to criticize you to the end of time.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Smokin said:
Dont talk to me dipshit. I wont talk to you either. I'll just go out of my way to criticize you to the end of time.

humm...then why are you talking to me. If you where here I'd pinch them chipmuck cheeks just the way granny did. Admit it. You'd be board if you didn't have me to criticize. That's why you never put me on ignore. You do love Tanked...you just don't want to admit it. I dare you to ignore me. I bet you can't do it. :lolcry: Here let me put it a way you can understand it.

WAR BET YOU CAN'T PUT TANKED ON IGNORE :rofl:

·
13,280 Posts
Tanked said:
Smokin said:

humm...then why are you talking to me. If you where here I'd pinch them chipmuck cheeks just the way granny did. Admit it. You'd be board if you didn't have me to criticize. That's why you never put me on ignore. You do love Tanked...you just don't want to admit it. I dare you to ignore me. I bet you can't do it. :lolcry: Here let me put it a way you can understand it.

WAR BET YOU CAN'T PUT TANKED ON IGNORE :rofl:

See I wouldnt call my posts to you "talking". See, all my posts to you, are consistent, and in that nature, they all have one thing in common. An extremely negative, condescending, chastizing nature. Thats not talking, thats humiliating. They address you rather appropriately....like a second class idiotic mess of a citizen. Youre an idiot, and I'll go out of my way to point it out to the masses. Not because I want to keep you around here. Its because I enjoy your misery. I enjoy watching you self-imploed while trying pick between "ignore" or "read" in that simple confused mind of yours. You had me on ignore, didnt work, and now you have me on read....its still not working. My posts to you never show you an once of courtesy, decency or respect. They are degrading, humiliating, and irritating to you. Why? Because idiots like you dont deserve any decency. Youer like the idiot standing on the street corder with a bottle of windex and squeegie in his hand. You always want to come up and clean everyones windows. You pray for getting that dollar from a good samaritan somewhere. Same way you hope to get some semblence of respect here. Problem is when I roll up to the street corner. I'll roll down the window, yell at you, tell you to either drop dead or get a job, and then hock up a loogie to spit on him if he tries to wash my windows. I dont want his filthy squeegie or his disgusting body oders getting anywhere near my ride. Same way I dont want you anywhere near this board. Problem is, the next evening he's still there sitting on the street corner, and youre still posting relentlessly on the board. I'll be there to bitch both of your low-life idiotic existences to hell.

WAR PICK UP A SQUEEGIE AND EXPERIENCE DEJA VOUS!!

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Misery...yea. I'm miserable. I was miserable once. I was in Iraq being shot at, motored, RPG's and IED's. I was living in a tent for 14 months living off MRE's. That's fucking Miserable. Here. I live a dream. Unlike most people, I know how good I have it. So if you think I'm miserable, your wrong. I’m happy can’t you see the smile on my face with every post. Even this one.

You can say whatever you want Smokin' it doesn't bother me. I get a kick out of your posts, it shows how insecure you are. The more you try to "beat down" someone with a post. The more it show me just how much of a miserable unhappy person you are on the inside. If you put half as much effort into doing something useful as you did in the last post, you could become a great person someday. I do have much hope for you Smokin’

As far as putting you on ignore. Yep sure did. The 1st time you blasted me. Now, I realize that you just have nothing better to do with your life. I think your funny. I laugh at you. If your life is all about this website and your "cool factor" here, that's sad...real sad. Talk is cheap. But if you have enough pennies you can make a dollar I suppose. Maybe I leaned that washing windows /images/graemlins/wink

Respect from anyone here. Don't need it. Don’t care if I have it. I couldn't careless what anyone thinks of me. That’s why I always say “If you don’t like what I say put me on ignore…it’s that easy.”

I could personally attack you with every post I put on the alley. But then that would make me just like you, and I choose not to be unhappy like you. So if it makes you fell like a man to chastise me on the internet go for it. Just remember anything you say and do in life does come back to you. Maybe that’s why your tools where stolen. Maybe that’s why I thanked Poalo for sending the video to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.