Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new racing series out there called American Super Car Challenge designed for Vette and Vipers to race in heads up competition. The series is apart of the National Street Car Association and the Ontario Street Car Association.

Next Race is in Milan at Milan Dragway.

The class has four classes in it for varying ET's

and Modified Unlimited where you can modify suspension and Trans.

Check it out

American Super Car Challenge - US

American Super Car Challenge - Canada

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well that is some crap. The series is no where near Texas.

·
Registered
121 Posts
REDGAR said:
You are correct when you look at last weekend. Vette 4 Vipers 0

I wish that a Viper would of been there, a sport compact with Viper ground effects does not count /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RS there were two Vipers there. One did not race. The other Viper ran a 12.5 and left (I think he had another commitment).

Heffner, not bent out of shape (though I wish I could bend my shape LOL), just going with the flow.;)

Z06J, sorry not yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
REDGAR... I see Vipers around here on the streets, also at local tracks like Laper and Ubly. But it's only a few guys. There are way more vettes since their product numbers are higher. I wish we would see more at the tracks... Vipers do rock.. if you can find them. Me,1999 Torch Red Vette, I may be at Milan if it looks like the Vipers want to come out and play. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
That's pretty cool but I never really get drag racing. As a stock car, my only section is a 11.5 min ET, which means without drag radials and some engine work I might as well roll up my $100 entry fee and smoke it, because its a complete waste of time.

So it basicaly boils down yet again to who dumped the money into their car. They used to do the "muscle car challenge" out here - but that was at least an auto-x. They should do a road-race - oh yeah, SoCal did that and the Vipers were packed and headed home when everybody else finished!

·
Registered
323 Posts
REDGAR said:
RS there were two Vipers there. One did not race. The other Viper ran a 12.5 and left (I think he had another commitment).

Heffner, not bent out of shape (though I wish I could bend my shape LOL), just going with the flow.;)

Z06J, sorry not yet.
1 Viper participated, how many 'vettes were there? It looks like at least 4 versus 1 Viper. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

It will be great if there can be a decent showing of Vipers. But it will be tough considering the production number difference. Maybe the V10 Nationals should be re-named/re-organized, so 'vettes can be allowed to run. That should be more of a challenge...

Or Mustangs and F-bodies should be included in this series ("American Super Car Challenge"), since their production numbers are about the same as 'vettes. Oh wait, but we all know the F-bodies will win. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The Viper that ran did manage a 12.3. I was unfortunately the guy who was there that didn't run. I didn't plan on running: No helmet or pants. Therefore I didn't, I wished I had.

But, all the Vettes there were modified running on drag radials and skinnies. The Viper just had T/D's, B/B and the obligatory smooth tubes/filters. It was pretty hot, high 80's/low 90's with high humidity.

Having this event scheduled on the same weekend as the NJ VCA track event hurt attendance. Had I been able to take off work on Friday, I wouldn't have been there either.

It is a cool event that has potential, we just need to have some modified Vipers show up and bust there asses. Are you listening Jason?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Wow, Milan is the closest track to me. Only thing is my best time ever is only 12.2, which was at Milan, and I only run on the stock street tires. Oh well. The Corvette club rented Milan the last two years and I ran with them. Fun time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark, Drag radials are allowed in the 11.50 class. It is my understanding that stock vipers run in the high 11s and that is a strong reason why the 11.50 index. There is a perception that a stock viper would be too quick for a 12.0 index. I really isn't fair to expect to run a 340 hp car against a (sorry I really don't remember what the hp numbers are on the Vipers) a car with much more horsepower. You have to allow some modification to even up the cars.

Alternative, I agree there are more Vettes than Vipers but not all of them race. I tried to run the v10 nationals in Florida and was told No Vettes allowed but it sure would be nice to go to one of those. Mustangs and F-bodies are being considered for the super car challenge. When you consider the indexes, you don't know who will win cause you can build any of the cars to run 11.5, 10.5 and 9.5. The unlimited class can be much quicker. Also the event had 6 Vettes participating. 1 broke. 1 lost to another Vette. Many spectators too.

Viperjohn, yes the three quicker classes had skinnies and ET streets but the Genuine (11.50) class that you and I were in mandated stock wheels and radial tires which is what I was wearing (drag radials are allowed). I noticed the Viper thing to at E-town. Heard they had about 8 vipers racing. Tough break

MotorCity Madman borrowed or buy a set of drag radials and you should be right around that 11.50 index

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
you guys should have worked your schedule with us and we could (many V-10 Nationals partipants) would have really supported it.

Dates are too close together and conflict. I am sorry but I can beat a Vette any day on the street I choose. You have limited opportunity's to race other High HP VIpers.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm not up for paying $100 to race, sorry. MCMM let me know next time the Vette club rents the track /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FE065, did you see the payouts? only 4 cars in the class gets the winner $250!!

Dr Roof, I had not choice in dates. The American Super Car Challenge is a tag along onto the NSCA schedule which brings over 100 cars and hundreds of spectators so I would have little leverage on scheduling. However, if you are willing to add this to your v10 schedule, let's talk. I can put you in touch with the ASCC organizer.

Beating any Vette is questionable as you ET in your sig is a little short for what a couple Vettes in NJ are running. I would LOVE to see you guys match up. Let's set up match race or something. There is a Vette event in Bowling Green that may have a couple cars that would be good matches for you.h All for fun of course.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Red, are those Vettes running 6 speeds? I don't believe the Cartek 9 sec cars run 6 speeds, if those are the cars to which you are referring.

Chad

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Set it up! I will race in Bowling Green for sure! send me an invitation!

if the VCA does not come through real soon on the V-10 Nationals a piggyback just might be what the doctor Ordered. LOL

keep me updated. I would love to run in this series just cannot do both.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.