Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am considering selling my car /images/graemlins/sad

i want to buy a house, and invest into some small businesses...but is selling my car the answer? my car is exactly how i want it (except my Eibachs suck), and there are no other cars out there that appeal to me like the viper for under 150k. the car is an absolute blast to drive with the turbos. it's like the first time, each time i jump behind the wheel. i know i will miss my car. as sad and pathetic as it sounds, it has become more than a car to me. the car has brought me together with people that will be friends for my lifetime. it is just a material possession, and a depreciating one at that. i feel a house at this time of my life would be a good decision. i dunno, maybe im crazy, but if the price was right i'd have to say i'd sell it /images/graemlins/bawling any opinions or thoughts...?

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
Eric don't sell. Your business is taking off. Soon you'll have enough coin to afford a house you want. You have put too much time and effort into your car to just sell it now. Take your car to a few shows...win some cash that way, it will win.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I sold my first GTS for a house and 3 months later I was back on e bay looking again. I bought another one 9 months later....I am building a new house now and told myself that I am not selling my car for it again. Just sacrifice and do both...You dont need to buy a mansion for your first house....Your car is the sick as hell with the TT's and you would be sad to see it go.......

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Sounds like you're growing up and putting your priorities in order to me. Invest in a few businesses, buy a nice home, buy another Viper from your profits later on. Good move Eric!

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
King GTS said:
Sounds like you're growing up and putting your priorities in order to me. Invest in a few businesses, buy a nice home, buy another Viper from your profits later on. Good move Eric!
that's exactly what i was thinking. thanks Trey!!

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
RedSnake said:
King GTS said:
that's exactly what i was thinking. thanks Trey!!
You are acting with wisdom and I applaud your thinking.

:thumb:

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
I have a idea. sell the car to me. I'll hold onto it. Then you can buy it back for what you sold it for. I proise not to put more then 3,000mi/year on it. Sound good?

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
There are ways of buying a home without the moeny your viper would bring. Fuck traditional financing. I dont know your finances, but if you can afford to have a TT Viper in the first place, buying a home shouldnt be that big of a deal and the amount you save per month with the additional down isnt a whole lot. Now if youre thinking of buying a high end home in TX in this market, Id say thats a bad move.

·
The Burn Clinic
12,779 Posts
It's a depreciating brick and you're one of the few bright people around here, Eric. Sell that thing for operating capital in something you feel you could be good at and you'll be buying an Enzo next time you're feeling sporty. At the end of the day, it's just a Viper. I'd bank on you before I got attached to a depreciating hunk of Dodge parts.

Mama Redsnake raised you right.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Smokin said:
There are ways of buying a home without the moeny your viper would bring. Fuck traditional financing. I dont know your finances, but if you can afford to have a TT Viper in the first place, buying a home shouldnt be that big of a deal and the amount you save per month with the additional down isnt a whole lot. Now if youre thinking of buying a high end home in TX in this market, Id say thats a bad move.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.