Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where to get the retainer that holds the wiring harness to the alternator housing? checked with dealer and a bunch of auto parts stores as well as online but couldn't find anything with 2 prongs. picture attached. probably will have to use a twist tie to hold it on.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
That's gonna be a Dodge part, and most likely not available. Try a couple of these and just run cable ties thru them and around the harness. You can get them in 3/16" and 1/4" diameter.

Reactions: RobV and haneifk

·
Registered
578 Posts
That looks exactally like the piece for the ECU harness on my hellcat. Maybe have the parts guy look up that part and compare it to what you have. If you take some measurements I could compare them to my car as well. I'd just look at my 98 but it's down for the count for at least 6 weeks waiting on dang gaskets to fix my timing cover leak so I have it in storage :-(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it to the dealer parts counter and told them what it was but they couldn't find a match. I've attached an image with measurements whenever you get a chance, thank you!
i'm also tempted to make one in cad and 3d print it... i'm just so damn OCD when it comes to this stuff 😂LOL

also what gaskets did you need? i have some spare mopar gaskets (including a timing cover gasket) at home, and the dealer near me can usually get things within a couple business days.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's the same.

Measures at:
1.160 long
1/2 inch wide but I'm measuring the housing it slides into so 1/4 for the other piece may be right.
Nipples are 1/2 inch high and 1/4 wide.

Reference on where it is located on my hellcat incase that helps the parts guy find it. Believe it's the ECU harness holder and is located here:

·
Registered
578 Posts
And my car, it's a timing cover leak. I ordered a complete lower cometic kit from VSP. Dan said 5-6 weeks back order though. Guess the bright side is that gives me time to try and source a mopar water pump. On my 4th cardone reman so wanting to go back to Mopar if I can. Tired of chasing cooling issues 😪

·
Registered
597 Posts
I need the same piece! Looked for it last year while doing a heads/cam install with no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
85vett sorry to hear about your cooling issues. what about an oem water pump from a salvage yard?
WDW yea i tired the dealer again with no luck. ended up using Dean's suggestion, thanks Dean!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Late to the party, but this link may help some looking for oddball push pins.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,002 Posts
Nice find! But did you look at the box quantities? FOUR THOUSAND PIECES is the lowest number - up to 14,000!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Just for Chuckie! Search the phrase below.

SYDIEN Fir Tree Nylon Push Mount Cable Zip Tie

Reactions: haneifk
1 - 12 of 12 Posts