4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it aint easy but its a done deal here /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
i know it aint easy but its a done deal here /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
You better go all out - stroker, heads, cam, tb's, airbox, tuning, compression, etc. It's not like forced induction - it takes work just to pick up 5-10 rwhp after you hit 600 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all done my man; im just shy of 600RWHP and ive still the stroker 510 to add plus west coast vipers PC tuning and then the VEC. those last three should give me the juice i need. it wouldve been a bit easier but i had the heads done 9:1 for future NOS/SC. i may have another set of heads done by greg and then put these masterpiece heads on another viper and do SC on that one. i have pretty much decided to do this silver bullet an AM bucket

BTW Greg Good; Best damn man for heads, period

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
The stroker should get you 20-30 to the tire. Are you running a roller or solid cam?

I agree Greg does good work. I think your head flow about the same as my HMS CNC heads - around 310 cfm.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20-30 tire?? i thought the 510 upgrade was more like 50?? shit i may not make my target afterall. ahh well im doomed to put the juice to it then /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
20-30 tire?? i thought the 510 upgrade was more like 50?? shit i may not make my target afterall. ahh well im doomed to put the juice to it then /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
You might pick-up more - but trust me - anything over 600 rwhp is hard to get N/A. :nod:

I should have some dyno numbers on the gas in 2-3 weeks. /images/graemlins/shocked

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well then ill just have to be content with 600RWHP. damn slow ass viper /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
MOJO - dont make the mistake that so many others make by doing a large upgrade by COMMITTEE !

The committee upgrade package consists of parts and tuning from multiple sources and it rarely is successful.

Pick one source for your complete upgrade and have the accountability to go with it.

Greg can certainly do your motor project for you too.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thnx john and believe me its not a free for all, i agree, as few for the entire job as possible, thnx for the advice.

·
Registered
245 Posts
In the next month or so, I'll be finishing up a 542 with GTS-R heads, 10.5:1 CR. I hope to be over 600RWHP. The cam is pretty mild (for drivability). I'll post the dyno sheet when available.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
650 RW is doable with 542 no prob. I've seen it done here on crappy Kali 91 octane.

There's a guy in the club who had his motor built by Caldwell, basically to the old Oreca LeMans car specs. It is complete with a dry sump system and everything. The cam is so rough it barely drives on the street but its 650 rw easy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i see hms and jason heffner offering a 750 package, also apex just to offer this with 550 ci....one of these apex cars is for sale, would this not be as reliable as a s/c or tt engine???

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Go Fast For Life said:
In the next month or so, I'll be finishing up a 542 with GTS-R heads, 10.5:1 CR. I hope to be over 600RWHP. The cam is pretty mild (for drivability). I'll post the dyno sheet when available.
Keep us posted on your results. Who's doing your work? What are you flowing on your GTR-R heads??

Do you drive your GTS that often to go with a mild cam on a 542?? Being a 542 you should be able to take a lot of cam and still maintain driveability.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
flying dutchman said:
i see hms and jason heffner offering a 750 package, also apex just to offer this with 550 ci....one of these apex cars is for sale, would this not be as reliable as a s/c or tt engine???
Typically, N/A is most reliable as your are adding no external components.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
much to think about, thnx all for the input.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Apex car made 670 rwhp on 91 octane. The dyno sheet was on the m.org a while back. I think that there may have had some problems with their engines though and they don't list Viper packages on their website anymore.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I've seen several RSI all motor cars in the 650 rwhp range... Not to mention, they have TONS of area under the curve, not a "letting off the gas" spike...
Peter

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
houstonT said:
I've seen several RSI all motor cars in the 650 rwhp range... Not to mention, they have TONS of area under the curve, not a "letting off the gas" spike...
Peter
Agreed - SW's car runs 10.08 at 140mph - do the maths.

There are several that could build a 9 second all motor Viper, it's all in the combo, and someone is bound to be first to do it this year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts