Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the 1/4 mile record for all motor viper...

at the SRT-4 Nationals Friday night an all motor viper with a 2spd i think ran a [email protected] was on slicks and skinnies..i have a pic of a different run but not the 9.5..this is a 9.6

Attachments

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
SW holds the record for all motor it was a 10.01 In Bowling Green, KY

Auto's are considered another class. If this hapenned on all motor it is a great run but not considered a record on the same playing field as a Six speed.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I saw his car when we were leaving. Looked nice, but odd for a Viper. Sorry I didn't stay, but I have to figure out where the oil leak is before I am drive it again. I think one of the vavle covers is loose, but with Mardi Gras this week, I haven't looked at it yet. Good seeing you again, sorry I couldn't give you another ride!!

Chip

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Anthony, Dr. Fudge's Viper is an all motor Viper with an auto built by TNT. It has been around for a long time. He doesn't come to the viper events but has run numerous 9's in that car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it was nice seeing u again Chip..the car looked faster with the new tires (Hoosiers?)..

Dr. Fudge's car ran a [email protected] on his first run that night...when i talked to him before he ran he said it was all motor no power adders...and he had an auto tranny..i have a pic of the interior and some engine shots..

if anyone is going to the Mopar Vs. Chevy thing at No Problem Raceway this sunday..he will more than likely be their.

if anyone can host them up let me know..i dont wanna have to resize them till u cant see whats in the pic

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Anthony,

I think you and I mis-understood the original post. If I'm understanding correctly now, it was a Viper that ran that time on all-motor (2-speed) at the SRT-4 event, not a Neon SRT-4. Is this correct?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
onerareviper said:
Anthony,

I think you and I mis-understood the original post. If I'm understanding correctly now, it was a Viper that ran that time on all-motor (2-speed) at the SRT-4 event, not a Neon SRT-4. Is this correct?
Gotcha - your right! :doh:

Damn - that is fast!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
onerareviper said:
Anthony,

you are correct

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, that’s Tommy Fudge’s car. The car used to be a TNT car, but the car in its current state was done completely in Houma Louisiana. As mentioned earlier, the car has an auto, but it's a 727 not a powerglide. Additionally, the car has a custom one-off rear end which has a straight rear axle with a spool in the stock Viper frame. I drove the car last Friday and all I can say is, the car launches HARD, easily pulling the front wheels off the ground. Although he doesn’t make it to many Viper events, he said he’s thinking about doing the V10 nats., although I don’t know what class he’d run in.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/6001.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/600ad.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/600IM002072.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/600IM002076.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
That looks really mean!

Love those wheels - look like Weld wheels - light and strong, had em on my old 440.

I'd say the car was tubbed judging by the rear offset - that'd help get some tire in there (as if 335's aren't enough) /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I like the 727 - not as quick as the 904 but will last longer. That's what I'd run if going to auto

1 - 20 of 39 Posts