Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what alignment specs to set my car at for AutoX?? I have a race coming up on Sunday and would like to make some adjustments. Also I'm open to suggestions concerning on how stiff to set the shocks.
Thanks!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Start by pullling the shims from behind the upper a-arm pivot bars. They are a pain in the butt to get at, but a ratcheting box wrench helps a bunch. This will add about 1 degree of negative camber and put your front toe at about 1/8" out. Unless you have access to the Viper Service Tools, you may want to leave the rear alone. There is no easy way (without the gauges) to accurately measure rear caster. If you add camber and don't hold caster angle, you can end up with a VERY twitchy back end - just what you *don't* need in a Gen1 car.

Without a coil spring compressor, changing shock damping on the OEM Konis is impossible.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bugeater said:
What kind of shocks do you have? what spring rates do you have?
Both are stock genI

GTS Dean, The shop has a spring compressor.. So pull the shims and that is it???? They have a pretty decent 4 wheel alignment machine at the shop.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
You might look for about 2.25 degrees negative in the front. Pulling the shims will get you half way there and make it easier to get the rest with the adjuster cams. I strongly recommend that they lift the car's weight off the tires that are being adjusted to minimize the possibility of bending the adjuster locations. (been there, bent that) There is a very recent thread up at the mORGue dealing with OEM shock adjustment that I recommend looking up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts