Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new 6" sub replacing the OEM, had some wiring to a new amp, etc. Now when my alarm chirps, it chirps twice instead of once (as if there's a door open or something)...

now here's the question. It doesnt arm itself, But it does lock the doors..

anyone have any idea how this works? Why is it chirping multiple times but not arming...

If I open the door or hood when armed, it doesn't go off.

Someone save me...Please.

·
Out to lunch
10,529 Posts
How old is the battery?

I just went through alarm hell with my Viper. Seems when the battery gets a little week the alarm starts acting up. Several on this board have had the same problem. Have you been playing your new stereo with the car not running alot? this might have agrevated an already weak battery.

Just a thought

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
battery is strong...as far as I know...haven't played with the stereo without the car running....

When you take out te sub in an rt, isn't the alarm very close to that area? or even attached to the sub wiring in any way at all? wondering if something wasn't hooked up or whatever..

I wouldn't even know where to start.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i had my sub replaced and its not attached to alarm. the wiring is near by but thats it. try to reset the alarm. hold down both buttons on remote for about 10 secs till you hear the horn.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It sounds like your manual disarm key switch is in the closed position. The actual switch on the backside of the key cylinder can get 90 degrees out and therefore it will be in the closed position. Try pulling the switch and re-align the assembly.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dimitrios....alredy tried that..no dice...

99GTSACR, don't laugh, but I have no idea where the backside of the key cylinder is...is that the switch in the glove box? b/c I've tried that too...

Thanks eveyrone, keep'em coming.

·
Super Moderator
27,580 Posts
I'll bet on of the pin switch wires are pinched or they tapped into it by mistake. If the door lock but the car will not auto arm, the system thinks that a door is open.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's what the tech said redbeard....I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
Dimitrios....alredy tried that..no dice...

99GTSACR, don't laugh, but I have no idea where the backside of the key cylinder is...is that the switch in the glove box? b/c I've tried that too...

Thanks eveyrone, keep'em coming.
Yes the one in the glove box. Pull the switch from the back of the cylinder and take a small screwdriver and turn the switch to the center 12 o'clock. while it's still apart try the alarm. You could also check it with an ohm meter.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotcha..I'll give it a shot..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts