Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
BADVENOM said:
What vendor can I purchase the Chrome tubes adn air cones from??Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Why would you want to?

It's been suggested that the tube and cone set-up means scooping up hot under-the-hood air.

K&Ns and smooth tubes seem to be the prefered set-up.

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Check with Elite motorsports in Tampa, FL
Scott(Vipermed) - his site is listed on the .org board

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Jason Tarnutzer sells them. Ive had a set on my car for about a month. Now I wont need them. Im willing to let them go for CHEAP.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
HP said:
Scott(Vipermed) - his site is listed on the .org board <hr /></blockquote>

Scott's (Vipermed) has a NEW really cool looking cone system...and is adding a polished plate that will mount where the airbox use to and to the crossmember, to keep the cool air cool, and the hot air will stay under the plate when you're moving (Stealthy Nitrous components could be installed UNDER this!)...and it will look freakin rad...Couple of pics of the system that comes with everything needed to eliminate factory air box...Scott told me the plate is still about two weeks out...Best looking kit I've seen on the market...super reasonably priced...Give Scott a call or drop him an email!

[color:"red"]2 pre-oiled High Flow dual inlet air filters.
2 11.5" high polished intake tubes.
1 pre-oiled I.A.C. valve filter.
1 A.I.T. sensor relocation gromlet.
2 color of your choice couplings, red or blue.
1 pcv hose with tube inlet.[/color]

[color:"blue"]Scott's Website...ELITE MOTORSPORTS[/color]

[image]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_86569b737c8ba4c4a0ffd0ec32e7d8b5/i-1.JPG[/image] [image]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_86569b737c8ba4c4a0ffd0ec32e7d8b5/i-3.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
SmokinV10 said:
Jason Tarnutzer sells them. Ive had a set on my car for about a month. Now I wont need them. Im willing to let them go for CHEAP. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm interested.. How much did you have in mind?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
HP said:
Scott(Vipermed) - his site is listed on the .org board <hr /></blockquote>

Scott's (Vipermed) has a NEW really cool looking cone system...and is adding a polished plate that will mount where the airbox use to and to the crossmember, to keep the cool air cool, and the hot air will stay under the plate when you're moving (Stealthy Nitrous components could be installed UNDER this!)...and it will look freakin rad...Couple of pics of the system that comes with everything needed to eliminate factory air box...Scott told me the plate is still about two weeks out...Best looking kit I've seen on the market...super reasonably priced...Give Scott a call or drop him an email!

[color:"red"]2 pre-oiled High Flow dual inlet air filters.
2 11.5" high polished intake tubes.
1 pre-oiled I.A.C. valve filter.
1 A.I.T. sensor relocation gromlet.
2 color of your choice couplings, red or blue.
1 pcv hose with tube inlet.[/color]

[color:"blue"]Scott's Website...ELITE MOTORSPORTS[/color]

[image]

http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_86569b737c8ba4c4a0ffd0ec32e7d8b5/i-

1.JPG[/image] [image]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_86569b737c8ba4c4a0ffd0ec32e7d8b5/i-3.JPG[/image] <hr /></blockquote>

Damn you Gerald and your computer imagery knowhow!! /images/graemlins/ar15firing.gif
And Damn you Scott for making my motor look dull!!
but I'll catch up - just wait....

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Hugh...did you catch that "Stealthy N20 component install" tip??? Under the cool air plate Scott is having fabbed for this kit???

And you somehow managed to fuck up a simple "quote"...your skills are WEAK man!

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Hugh...did you catch that "Stealthy N20 component install" tip??? Under the cool air plate Scott is having fabbed for this kit???

And you somehow managed to fuck up a simple "quote"...your skills are WEAK man! <hr /></blockquote>

Is this a trick - What air plate?
I've spent 5 min looking for - I don't even know what you're talking about.
Are you talking about the NOS fogger holes in the tubes?
I'm feeling a tight constriction in my chest - ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
We offer them with Cone filters in a variety of silicone attachment colors. Check out the pics on my website at the link below. They cost $ 399.00 and I have them in stock.

Also, we sent a set of these to Chris (Y2KGTS) of the KC Viper Club for a dyno test day and in a nutshell they outperformed smooth tubes by 10 rwhp! Don't take my word for it, check the vca forum archives.

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys..Thank you so much..The elite product is what I was looking for..It cost $295.00 and looks fantastic..WHAT A LOOK..makes the eng. comp look great..thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
BADVENOM said:
Hey guys..Thank you so much..The elite product is what I was looking for..It cost $295.00 and looks fantastic..WHAT A LOOK..makes the eng. comp look great..thanks again!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

"Looks" is all you'll get from this package. Those filters are picking up the hottest air your engine compartment has to offer. I've seen a dyno pull done before and after with those cone filters and you can be sure you'll lose HP with those. They're good for poser points though, I suppose.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
GaryA said:
"Looks" is all you'll get from this package. Those filters are picking up the hottest air your engine compartment has to offer. I've seen a dyno pull done before and after with those cone filters and you can be sure you'll lose HP with those. They're good for poser points though, I suppose. <hr /></blockquote>
I too, always felt these things just "suck hot air"...and they will AS PICTURED....

BUT....TO PREVENT these droop snoops from SUCKING HOT AIR...Scott is adding a wide plate that mounts where the stocker airbox did, runs OVER the rad, dips down, and runs to a point PAST the crossmember...thereby SEPARATING the cool air from the NACA duct and the hot air coming across the rad...Fabulous idea, IMHO!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
So Gerald - you can't actually SEE the cold air plate on your earlier post, and there is no TRICK pop up picture,
SO why did I feel so stupid - hunting for something that
wasn't there - I DEMAND TO SEE THE COLD AIR PLATE!

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
HP said:
So Gerald - you can't actually SEE the cold air plate on your earlier post, and there is no TRICK pop up picture,
SO why did I feel so stupid - hunting for something that
wasn't there - I DEMAND TO SEE THE COLD AIR PLATE! <hr /></blockquote>

All of my earlier posts (and now this one) refer to this plate as BEING FABRICATED...so there is no "trick" or magic "fru fru dust" to make it appear in the pics, cause IT AIN'T THERE YET...The COLD AIR PLATE isn't done yet...stay tuned... :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts