Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/524DSCN9909.jpg[/image]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it, pretty cool car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
One of my Elise buddies used to have one...he said that he really liked it but that it scared the living shit out of him to drive! It's that small!

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who drives his Elise on the streets without thinking that it's too scary. I have some relative scale photos around here somewhere...

And there was something about it being your typical older Lotus (thus breaking down every few blocks). /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do Lotus's have a lot of mechanical problems? To me this car doesnt seem that small, just really low to the ground. I'd drive it though. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
AUSTIN said:
Do lotus's have a lot of mechanical problems? To me this car doesnt seem that small, just really low to the ground. I'd drive it though. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
They're from England. Nuff' said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
The Lotus 4 cylinder engines up through the esprit, have a history of being a nightmare. The V-8's are much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Craig is right...English cars were notorious for being absolute mechanical nightmares for the most part up through and into the mid to late 80s.

Lotus was no exception (hell, with Jag they helped promote this very truism).

My Elise will employ a nice reliable Toyota powerplant and gearbox so everything else can fall apart but at least the drivetrain will remain intact. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nexus-6 said:
Craig is right...English cars were notorious for being absolute mechanical nightmares for the most part up through and into the mid to late 80s.

Lotus was no exception (hell, with Jag they helped promote this very truism).

My Elise will employ a nice reliable Toyota powerplant and gearbox so everything else can fall apart but at least the drivetrain will remain intact. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif



Does this mean it can be taken to the local Toyota dealership for work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Dunno - we've joked about that but for some things it might be possible (Lotus may set up an "outreach" type of program with local Toyota dealerships for powertrain related issues - I could see that happening as there are precious few Lotus dealerships in the country).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,229 Posts
The Europa used to be seen in NZ quite often.... they are small and very very low

Like most British cars of the era - they used Lucas electricals/parts.

Lucas was THE big (actually the only) auto electrical giant in the UK and wired all GB cars. The company was founded by Sir Joseph Lucas - who became better known as the "Prince of Darkness" due to the notorious penchant Lucas parts/wiring had for going out, breaking, failing and otherwise not working.

Did I say that I hate Lucas electrical systems?

Aaaaahhh the glory days of British car making - they ruled the magazines, stained the garage floors with oil, and could be found on most roadsides dead.

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Torquemonster said:
Aaaaahhh the glory days of British car making - they ruled the magazines, stained the garage floors with oil, and could be found on most roadsides dead.

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif
:arcade:

:rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
I used to own one. Fun car and handles as if it is on rails. terrible blind spots though and the engine always sounded like it was coming through the firewall to get you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Gran Turismo 2 had a cream colored one in it...was pretty quick too....when you playee the "80" sportscar cup it would be the computer car to beat...
Never seen one in real life....wonder what one goes for now....
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top