Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody boughts aftermarket headlights/foglights? Which ones and how much? Happy with them?

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
LAWNMAN- I am currently awaiting delivery of an HID kit from a prospective supplier. If it recives my approval, I will soon offer a "Viper Ready" kit.

I'll update this thread when I have it in my hands.

Umm, Ya... Not available for sale or installation on Street Driven automobiles

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Final GTS said:
LAWNMAN- I am currently awaiting delivery of an HID kit from a prospective supplier. If it recives my approval, I will soon offer a "Viper Ready" kit.

I'll update this thread when I have it in my hands.
Be careful. The NTSB/NHTSA (or whoever it is) is *seriously* cracking down on these kits. They have always been illegal to sell or install, but now they are "getting serious" about it. They are actively seeking out those who sell them and fining them, I belive, $10k per unit sold. Thats why you don't see them for sale. They were always illegal to sell, but when the feds decided to start going after those who were doing it anyway, most vendors got out of that business alltogether.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Final GTS said:
Oh dont worry, I never plan on installing them on any Street Legal cars!
It doesn't matter - thats the thing. It's illegal to sell them period, so if they find you, they won't take that as an excuse. Just be careful - $10k a pop is a lot to lose.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
SRT Mike said:
Final GTS said:
It doesn't matter - thats the thing. It's illegal to sell them period, so if they find you, they won't take that as an excuse. Just be careful - $10k a pop is a lot to lose.
haha, then they sure have a lot of people to go after...especially on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
SRT Mike said:
Final GTS said:
Ok I don't get this.. how is it illegal to sell them when it is not illegal for companies to sell offroad lights? who's to say they are not going to be using these lights with a 12v source to light up something other than an automotive application? This does not make sense. Back to the offroad light comment.. I don't see the difference between these lights and those that companies like Lightforce sells (which they label as for offroad use only).

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did a little more research on this. Apparently, it is illegal to sell & install retrofit kits, which can be installed in street cars. On the other hand, some of the bigger companies, such as Sylvania, still sell HID's in the offroad form, but they also include the HID style projector assemblies.

IMHO, the organization that banned HID's needs to take a long fucking walk off a short God damned pier. HID's are NOT the reason that people get blinded on the road, it is the fucktards that install them, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HEADLIGHT, and dont know how to aim the damn things! If they would bring back mandatory headlight aiming as part of the inspection process, all these "fix a symptom, but let the problem go" laws would become a non issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts