Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of 6 piston front calipers that came from a viper. I'm trying to figure out exactly what they are, hoping you guys can help. No name on the side or any features I can see that resemble stoptech or brembos. Thanks for the help guys.

Here's a shot of the top:

Attachments

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
They dont look like stoptechs. They MIGHT be red painted/coated wilwoods (kinda resembles them due to that rounded ledge on the caliper...but im not sure.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I have done some searching and they are definately not wilwoods, nothing ap has matches closely, alcons are out of the question, closest I have seen are brembos but I can find a good pic of a 6 piston caliper for the life of me. This is harder than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kinda resemble brembos but not really... I can't find a thing that is close, darn it, even checked with some suppliers and nobody knows. This is going to turn into a trivia game.

Thanks for the help guys, keep the ideas comming.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
They sure look like Wilwoods to me. I would guess a Dilusi or TNT kit. Why don't you try to cross-reference the pads # for your answer?

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I know you said that they werent wilwoods. Are you sure? I have a couple of freinds with wilwoods, and ive had wilwoods on other race cars...they look like a dead ringer for wilwoods. Doesnt dilusi sell their kits with a red anodized aluminum hat on the rotor? That rotor looks like a one piece.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Smokin said:
That rotor looks like a one piece.
You'd better super-size the pic and look again... :nod:

·
Bitches be crazy!
329 Posts
Wilwood GN III. I have them on my roadster. You need some pretty serious (BIG) rear brakes to balance those out. That looks like the fitment (caliper and rotor) that TNT used to sell.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I stand corrected, every wilwood set I have ever seen looks nothing like those. Funny you mention rear brakes, it uses the same clipers all around with 2 piece rotors.

No they are not going on a viper, but a dodge dakota pick-up. Going to take some minor fab but it will be sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.