Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 months the car is awesome. By the way I bought a Black 94 RT, the car is stock, 40k miles, and the sidepipes are killer. Got it for 28k and some change. I have yet to find a tech because the car was full serviced prior to purchase. A few questions? What should this car idle at and how much pressure. I am having hard time finding a street slick for the stock rim 17"? Do you get a slight howl from the rearend a higer speeds? Is there any "watch for this" I should know about? Raced all kinds of cars and this is a FUN car to drive. Ive had old chevelles and camaros but the VIPER is BAD A$$! :bowdown: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,304 Posts
dootime said:
Well after 2 months the car is awesome. By the way I bought a Black 94 RT, the car is stock, 40k miles, and the sidepipes are killer. Got it for 28k and some change. I have yet to find a tech because the car was full serviced prior to purchase. A few questions? What should this car idle at and how much pressure.

idle 700 rpm, tire pressure? 30 psi

I am having hard time finding a street slick for the stock rim 17"?

Kumhos V700

Do you get a slight howl from the rearend a higer speeds?

Get it serviced

Is there any "watch for this" I should know about?

Head gaskets will go sooner or later, prepare for it.

Raced all kinds of cars and this is a FUN car to drive. Ive had old chevelles and camaros but the VIPER is BAD A$$! :bowdown: :thumb:
Yes, yes it is :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
wtf is my problem with the v700's??? I swear to god i cannot hook up on the dragstrip with them after my first launch. It is like i have grease on the tires. If i even dare to try and punch it i will just sit and spin those suckers for a couple seconds (and this is after doing a burnout). /images/graemlins/sad

BTW, Congrats on your car! I love my '94 too!

·
Premium Member
19,304 Posts
Hey Roadkill, you have to heat them up real good, sit and spin for a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts