Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know, it's nothing too exciting, but my new Sprinter work van just came in. I ordered it March 26th & it just came in on Friday & I picked it up on Monday. I checked out the build date & the vehicle was built in May. Surely, a boat from "The Fatherland" must come more than every 2 months? I do know that all of the Sprinters come in to South (North) Carolina where they are converted to Freightliners & Dodges. Just for curiosity, I wish I knew why there was a wait of 2 months for the vehicle to get from the factory to the US?

While I've restored may old vehicles in my day, this is the first time I've ever restored a new vehicle............

As delivered, fugly, isn't it............

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/63145-4542_IMG.JPG[/image]

The restoration begins. What's wrong with this picture??? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/63145-4543_IMG.JPG[/image]

I've always hated the Dodge Goat's head logo.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/63145-4544_IMG.JPG[/image]

Much better.....

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/63145-4546_IMG.JPG[/image]

A respectable vehicle....now! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/63145-4545_IMG.JPG[/image]

All I need to do get now is Benz lettering for the rear door & a horn center button & I'm all set. :nod:

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Oh, I know. I just couldn't resist.
And knowing you, sooner or later, it will.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow can I borrow that? I can use that to bring some friends over the border. The migra wont mess with someone driving a Mercedes /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
You really shouldn't give Mark a setup like that.

·
Registered
32,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new shelves were installed today & a better stereo goes in next week. I just ordered "Mercedes Benz" lettering for the rear door & a Benz steering wheel emblem for it too. I've got to erease all traces of it being another Dodge Goat-mobile. :nod:

WAR: DUMP THE HORNY GOAT & BRING BACK THE PENTASTAR!!!!!

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,669 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
did you actually cut the stock hood???
It looks like the stock hood had a chrome strip on the bottom to cover the circular notch for the Mercedes logo which was probably already there.

I dunno about the change. You customers might think you're overcharging when they see you're driving a Mercedes Benz work van rather than a Dodge. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
32,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Matt said:
Craig201MPH said:
did you actually cut the stock hood???
It looks like the stock hood had a chrome strip on the bottom to cover the circular notch for the Mercedes logo which was probably already there.
You are correct. As I understand, when they are manufactured & sent from "The Fatherland" they are all badged as Mercedes Benz. When they arrive in S. Carolina, they are rebadges as Dodge or Freightliner. The way I look at it, I'm just restoring it to its original condition. :nod:

Matt said:
I dunno about the change. You customers might think you're overcharging when they see you're driving a Mercedes Benz work van rather than a Dodge. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Oh, I guarantee that it will happen & I'll just tell everyone that it's a Dodge with Benz emblems. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif While I'm not up on Benz passenger car prices, at my cost of $30,300.00 it's probably the least expensive turbo-diesel Benz on the road, but it's funny how people percieve things; I could show up at a job in a $49,000.00 dually, diesel, quad cab pick-up truck & everyone will comment what a nice truck it is. However, when I show up in my fugly-ass Benz van, I'll be the one who will be percieved as overcharging. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just discovered a unique gizmo that the Sprinter has; Let's assume that I was carrying something heavy that made the tail end of the vehicle squat down. In turn, while driving at night, the headlights point up higher from the road. After reading the owner's manual, it turns out there is a dial on the dash to adjust the headlight angle should such a condition occur. Little servo motors behind each headlamp control the downward angle of the lights.

Leave it to the Krouts!!! :nod:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
Mark O said:
I just discovered a unique gizmo that the Sprinter has; Let's assume that I was carrying something heavy that made the tail end of the vehicle squat down. In turn, while driving at night, the headlights point up higher from the road. After reading the owner's manual, it turns out there is a dial on the dash to adjust the headlight angle should such a condition occur. Little servo motors behind each headlamp control the downward angle of the lights.

Leave it to the Krouts!!! :nod:
That's Nazis to you Mister /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Now just why aren't they automatic?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.