Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about making some upgrades. I had a 5.0 before that had a supercharger and all the bolt on goodies. I am thinking about adding some power to my 96 R/T 10. Contemplating NX Nos...does anyone have any good ideas on what bolt-on works or is NX Nos the way to go. If so, anyone know where I can get some?
Thanks

Current additions includes:
Borla Exhaust
& K&N airfilters

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool...thanks for the info.

Money is not a factor...but I am not as determined to break any records. I know they don't make superchargers yet for the 96 R/T. This, of course, is not my daily driver...I take it out 2-3 times a week and just want enough power so that if I every needed to I can go from 70-100 in no time. Know what I mean...
Well, if I have to quantify it, I would say about 600-650 RWHp or something like that.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
If it was me I would go for a real nice heads/cam pacakage with the usual headers, exhaust, TB's. Sounds awesome and is fine if you do want to go NX or other power adders later.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I'm with Clint except I'd add blueprint and balance. Nothing beats a well built foundation - you can do anything to it after that and it will respond better than a stock engine ever could.

I hate bolt on power adders to a stock engine... /images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

but that is where the market is - so that is what tuners are forced to satisfy.

Nothing beats a properly built engine built to the finest tolerances and with the right parts combo - they are the money as some would say /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

:twocents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.