Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering why the right side of the motor was sounding funny... turns out that HALF of one screw in one of the throttle plates on my accufab throttle bodies came out and got sucked into the #10 cylinder. Accufab has been _extremely_ cooperative and even offered to replace the damaged piston [if necessary]. They also said this was an extremely rare, but _known_ occurance.

So if you have them, check them once in a while just in case. Mine are 2 years old...

JD

·
Premium Member
20,177 Posts
If you have them and this is a known problem, Put some loctite on them NOW!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Accufab is being quite good about this. Spoke to them today. they have offered to pay for the repair of the damaged cyl head. I'm just waiting to get that quote over to them. Apparently, they've seen this before...

JD

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Wow, that's really scary! MAJOR points to Accufab for being so cooperative and offering to pay to repair damages, they could easily have given you the run around (seems more and more companies tend to do this lately).

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll keep y'all posted. When I spoke to them earlier tonight, they were going to look at the head estimate. Now the machine shop is coming back to me telling me that the piston may be out of spec. If that is the case, I'll need ROSS to make me 4 new ones (they won't do just one). And in that case, I'm screwed for a while...

JD

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
JID said:
Accufab is being quite good about this. Spoke to them today. they have offered to pay for the repair of the damaged cyl head. I'm just waiting to get that quote over to them. Apparently, they've seen this before...

JD

That's fucked up!! So if I read this thread as posted, Accufab is aware of this "possible" issue, yet they are not using Locktite and staking their own screws??? WTF?

It must be less expensive for Accufab to perform these two simple steps than have to pay for head work on a few Vipers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.