Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting my package together. I am definately getting the Roe S/C when it becomes available. Looking at adding some other bolt ons. I have corsas with high flow cats now. Wanting to put on a set of headers the same time as I put on the Roe S/C.

I am thinking about sticking with 1 3/4" and pay a little bit more. But I have heard of a few options and would like to see if you guys have any feedback.

1) Hennessey headers
2) B&B headers
3) Belenger headers
4) Hooker headers

In no particular order. Anyone have any suggestions? Cost? And where I can get a good set from?

Thanks for all your help.
Be

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Anyone dyno'ed the Edelbrocks together with after-market exhaust system?
Just curious - someone said those headers are only good for like 17 HP.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I do not recommend Belanger with a blower. The cause a lean area that is hard to tune out around 4500 rpm. I would suggest if you plan on putting a blower on getting B&B 1 3/4 they run about $1750 if you do not do a blower Belanger are great. I can also get the TRI-Y belanger style in stainless steal but it runs about $2100.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
After reading so damn much on this topic IMHO the two best setups that work great and are reasonable to afford are: Belanger or B&B. When I finally break down and can no longer resist the header mods, I will look for a deal on either one of those brands. I'm leaning toward Belangers.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mike:
What is the tri-y headers? Are those better than the 1 3/4"? Those are B&B as well? Are they 1 3/4" as well? Sorry if these are stupid questions just wanna make sure which one I should get.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry jdawg...I say some B&B tri-y headers and just wanted some help. I couldn't get any info on them. Just want to know what the diff between the 1 3/4" and the tri-y types of headers.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
J DAWG said:
What brand header are these! Do they resemble B&B or Belanger?
Those are made by Dynatech, same company that we worked with to prototype the new Dodge Hemi long tube system. The quality of their systems is just jaw dropping but I'm unsure of how well their Viper headers will work. Our Hemi headers proved good for 23rwhp and 60rwtq on a stock truck.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Lucifer said:
J DAWG said:
Those are made by Dynatech, same company that we worked with to prototype the new Dodge Hemi long tube system. The quality of their systems is just jaw dropping but I'm unsure of how well their Viper headers will work. Our Hemi headers proved good for 23rwhp and 60rwtq on a stock truck.
thanx and speaking of Hemi, will those long tube fit a 4x4 Ram 1500 (2003)?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
J DAWG said:
Lucifer said:
J DAWG said:
Not currently, they only fit 1500 4x2s as of now. The 4x4 header is in the works.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Lucifer:
I saw this one place that called it B&B tri-y...is that incorrect? The headers are not really B&Bs?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The TRi _Y is identical to the Belanger but stainless steel. If you modify you stock heat sheilds you can use them one either the 1 3/4 or the Tri-y system. In my previous post I stated the wrong price on the TRI-Y they are $1950.00 :nod: plus shipping.

I like the TRI-Y setup for ease of installation. I prefer the stainless over Belanger simply because it is stainless steel and will last forever. On my own car I paint the Stainless with VHT paint aluminum in color and re installed the factory heat shield. You can see them below without the factory heatshields

[image]http://www.car-fanatic.com/paxton3.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've been pleased with my Hennessey headers, but with regard to any of the headers, be aware that depending on the individual shape of your frame, you may have to work with some shims to avoid a "clanging" of the header against the frame due to the engine torquing on acceleration. I thankfully didn't have to worry about it, but I have seen some cars with frames with some substantial variation.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Lucifer said:
J DAWG said:
Lucifer said:
J DAWG said:
Not currently, they only fit 1500 4x2s as of now. The 4x4 header is in the works.

THEY WILL NOT FIT A 2500!!!! I picked up a set of Dynatechs from RPMOUTLINE.COM (in Houston,who by the way, I WILL NOT PURCHASE FROM AGAIN!!!) and they said of course they will fit. THEY DON'T. I called Dynatech directly and they told me they will not fit the 2500 and at this point are not working a set to fit. The drivers side fit perfect but the passenger will not fit. I have ordered a set from Hedman Headers who swear they will fit a 2500. I hope they do work!!

DW

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am assuming the B&B Tri-Y comes in different sizes also? Or are they 1 3/4"?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts