Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank Dr. Roof...AKA Don King of Viper Drag Racing! for all of his hard work (especially with his Wife's situation), Larry and Wendy Macedo for the use of their facilities, Ward Reasoner for his computer expertise in helping with this event, VIPERALLEY, Parts Rack, RSI and all of the other associate sponsors...Hell, even myself(as an associate sponsor..LOL)!

A great time was had by all this weekend, lots of sun and windburn and lots of quick and fast Vipers. It was good to see everyone again! I look forward to the rest of the races in this series.

Tom

Yea, no bragging........I'm saving that for another thread.....LOL

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
haha,

Good Times huh Tom? Better watch out. Another few passes and I would have been in the 8's.. ON STREET tires.. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
One person you didn't mention was Jason Heffner. He provided track side services that many people used to get back in the race. Gerald, Dr. Roof, and many others used Jason's services on both days that allowed them to get back out there and make some pretty impressive runs. Others, such as Cudaman, benefitted from Jason's parts cache.

One of the class winners broke a halfshaft in the qualifying runs. He was faced with trailering his car home (many hours from Bradenton), but with Jason's crew he was back in the competition in no time and even went on to win first place for his class.

That's what I call SERVICE!!

It takes a lot of money, time, and effort to travel 1100 miles and not only attend to his own cars, but service other cars as well and in the mean time set a new world record for a Twin Turbo Viper.

Heffner Performance is awesome!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
GaryA said:
... in the mean time set a new world record for a Twin Turbo Viper.

/images/graemlins/thumb1 to Jason for his racing and support efforts!!! Is there a video of the TTViper?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
THOR said:
GaryA said:
... in the mean time set a new world record for a Twin Turbo Viper.

/images/graemlins/thumb1 to Jason for his racing and support efforts!!! Is there a video of the TTViper?
I believe there is. I'll see if I can get it hosted on Jason's website and post the link.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
GaryA said:
Gerald, Dr. Roof, and many others used Jason's services on both days that allowed them to get back out there and make some pretty impressive runs. Others, such as Cudaman, benefitted from Jason's parts cache.

what was wrong with Dr. Roofs car? i know Gerald broke a half shaft...

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Schillinger said:
Methanol injector broke.
You are such a bad boy :nod:

Roof's car had a rocker nut back off. No damage, just a little noise....Re-adjusted by Jason Heffner and everything was fine.

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
getbit said:
Was Doug Levin there?
I believe he was. Thought I saw him working on Roof's and Geralds' cars.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Jason did my 1/2 shafts and it was great he was there....Much appreciated.

Doug Levin was there later in the day Sunday and I had him look at my belt to see if it was tight enough. I guess it was.. /images/graemlins/smiles

Still going on the same belt I've had on there since July!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts