Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a ride with John H. and the TT SRT-10, holy shit is that thing fast, anybody who did not show up tonight in Irvine missed a good time.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
I'm glad you made it out there. Its hard to describe a TT Viper until you ride in one. :nod:
:nod: /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
542 Posts
01BEE said:
Just back from a ride with John H. and the TT SRT-10, holy shit is that thing fast, anybody who did not show up tonight in Irvine missed a good time.
That car was badass, your bumble bee was looking pretty sweet as well :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, badass is about the only way to describe it, John had wheelspin in 4th gear without even punching it. Me want one bad!! Which car was yours?

·
Registered
542 Posts
No Car, had the white Dakota. Been hunting vipers for a while just not sure how the insurance rates are going to be considering I'm 23. Plus the responsible side of me says to buy a house before dumping a bunch of $$$ into a diminishing investment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I remember you, I thought you were part of John's Group. Insurance is a problem here in SoCal, had a hard time finding any company to insure it, and I am 37 with no tickets and married. Finally found Safeco, and it running about $2K/yr.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If I was part of Johns group I don't think I would be standing around, more of roosting up the 405 at arrest me speeds /images/graemlins/smiles

Insurance is a big problem out here, heck it's like $1200/yr on my truck, I can only imagine what a viper will cost. I really want one but at this time it's just not worth it with all the cost involved on top of the car.

If you need anyone to keep your car company while your foot heals let me know, I think I can work it in my schedule :nod:

How did you break it? I compund fractured my right tib/fib a few years ago, man did that suck. After having some knee surgery and a steel rod in the tib I was back in action. Hope yours goes much easier that mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine has been 2 1/2 months now, 2 months since surgery to place screws and plates to realign the calcaneous.

My maintenance costs have been close to zero, car has been pretty reliable. Thanks for the offer to keep my car company, I just saw the doctor this morning and got the green light to start putting weight on my foot again.

If you ever want a drive, just let me know.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Rock on, I will definately take you up on that offer.

You ever take it to the track? We regularly have meetings at carlsbad 1/4 mile, and are working on getting some auto-x events in the area.

·
Registered
323 Posts
01BEE & mxblue23 - there will be a few of us heading out to California Dragway (Fontana CA) this Saturday, July 17th. If you don't mind the large crowd and waiting around, this track is a lot better than Carlsbad in so many ways. 'hope you guys can make it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Alternative said:
01BEE & mxblue23 - there will be a few of us heading out to California Dragway (Fontana CA) this Saturday, July 17th. If you don't mind the large crowd and waiting around, this track is a lot better than Carlsbad in so many ways. 'hope you guys can make it.
better than c-bad, bah blasphemy... you mean no dirt road, chunks of pavement missing from the water box, and what not. LOL I will do my best to roll out, I love just watching awesome cars pushed to their fullest potential.

Would any of you guys be interested in a dakota/viper shoot out? I'm dead serious, there are plenty of fast trucks around and a few that will run with the blower/turbo cars /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
323 Posts
01BEE - there's at least a couple of us there everytime there is a Street Legal drags. You can check out the schedule at www.californiaspeedway.com (dragway section). Next schedule after this Saturday is July 31st.

mxblue23 - all of the above you mentioned, and I've been told about the "fictitious" ET & mph. No wonder I ran a lot better at Carlsbad the first/last time I went. Bring on the Dakota's, but you may have to fall in line as everyone wants to race a Viper. It's amazing how the Viper usually becomes the measuring stick, but we all know there's always someone faster (most likely not a Viper).

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Nice meeting all of you. Thanks for taking the time to come and say hello. Sorry we could not do more test rides but it looks like there is a cop for every person that lives in Irvine. Hope to see you again soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John,

It was great to meet you, and thanks to your son for entertaining my little one so that we could take that ride in a vehicle that can only be described as BADASS.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Alternative said:
01BEE - there's at least a couple of us there everytime there is a Street Legal drags. You can check out the schedule at www.californiaspeedway.com (dragway section). Next schedule after this Saturday is July 31st.

mxblue23 - all of the above you mentioned, and I've been told about the "fictitious" ET & mph. No wonder I ran a lot better at Carlsbad the first/last time I went. Bring on the Dakota's, but you may have to fall in line as everyone wants to race a Viper. It's amazing how the Viper usually becomes the measuring stick, but we all know there's always someone faster (most likely not a Viper).
Yes there is always someone faster, I know quite a few guys with blown daks who want to line up with a viper just for comparison sake. Even if the truck wins in the end it's still just a truck and will never compare to a viper. If scott gets his 427 swaped in he will probably be at fontana shortly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts