Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got our first Ram SRT 10 in. I took some shots of what makes it all work from the underside. The rear diff is a 4:10 ratio!

This one is the rear diff stabilizer bar.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, the truck DOES NOT have a skip shift! The radiator in it is HUGE. I can't wait till the tuners start pumping out parts for these. It looks like it will be super easy to work on these. Lots of room everywhere. I have already talked the owner into putting it on the dyno when it is broken in so I can compare it to the corporate truck I had on there a while back.

DW

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
We have a Ram SRT10 coming to the shop today for long-tube headers, exhaust and air induction mods. We should have prototype parts done by the end of the month. We are going to build the headers out of mild steel with HPC coating to keep costs down.

·
Registered
982 Posts
What weight did those finally come in at? I've got an '03 lightning with some mild mods (6lb lower pulley, chip, intake, exhaust, traction bars). On street tires, without the traction bars I went 12.7 with a 1.862 60' on stock tires. If the weight is low enough on that truck, then I'll be concerned for basic bolt on trucks, but otherwise I don't see this truck sticking with a lightning unless the SRT 10 Ram has some serious work done. Still a badass truck nonetheless.
Keep us informed of the #'s

Tom

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
It is sweet. I just wish it would have been offered in auto, I know sounds wimpy but I drive hr to and and from work, I am to old and lazy at this point in my life. That is why I have the Viper, for days I am feeling froggy. On a side note, I did enter the m.org blue/white stripes sweepstakes. That would look sweet parked next to my '96. /images/graemlins/thumbs2

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
That truck is simply bad-assed. That over the new Lightning? Hell yes..

David, you think that it's possible to lower that thing about 2 inches?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Is the rear axle a Dana or American Axle?

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
simms - I think it's a Dana limited slip.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Clint Sever said:
simms - I think it's a Dana limited slip.
Ya, it looks like a 60. If it is a Dana 60, that is one monster axle for a half ton truck! :thumb:

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
What I don't get is before it was being tested at the same times as the Gen II Lightning and now I just read another test in one of the new mags and it ran the 1/4 slightly slower but at a few mph higher, I thought it would be a lot quicker with it's power and torque? I think the thing holding it back is that manual trans, can't be easy to launch quickly whereas Lightning's can mash it and go.

Only two things I would change, auto tranny (even though I love driving stick) and a custom dual exhaust in the rear, that dual outlet on the side just looks wimpy to me.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Viper Explorer said:
What I don't get is before it was being tested at the same times as the Gen II Lightning and now I just read another test in one of the new mags and it ran the 1/4 slightly slower but at a few mph higher, I thought it would be a lot quicker with it's power and torque? I think the thing holding it back is that manual trans, can't be easy to launch quickly whereas Lightning's can mash it and go.

Only two things I would change, auto tranny (even though I love driving stick) and a custom dual exhaust in the rear, that dual outlet on the side just looks wimpy to me.
I will go out on a limb and say that it was a real balsy move by DC to stick a manual in the SRT Ram. While they may have not had an sporty auto to handle the torque, I think it says something about the market they have cut out for themselves with this truck. It narrows the buyers down to those who want a true sport truck and I belive, with the exception of the Cyclone/Typhoon, the first large sport truck of it's kind. The Lightning counts, sure, but it didn't go 10/10ths sport with that auto. Just like MBZ - they'll never capture a large sport car enthusiasts market with goddamn auto transmissions (I don't care if they have Speedshift).

I think score one for DC - this is the meanest, baddest, nastiest truck we've ever seen from any automaker and it'll be a big hit with true enthusiasts who recognize the statement a manual tranny makes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
David,
Now that the trucks are on the ground, can you tell us what the prototypes made on the dyno at your shop recently?
Thanks for the picts,
I'm waiting patiently for mine to go into D1 status.
Taylor

1 - 20 of 39 Posts