Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'96 White/Blue stripes

[image]http://www.dodge-vipers.com/vipers/96rt105.jpg[/image]

I didn't think any roadsters came with stripes - is this a factory job?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Re: \'96 White/Blue stripes

yes

·
Registered
3,264 Posts

I want!!

·
Super Moderator
27,591 Posts

Arm wrestle for it?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

First year of stripes and those are referred to as "saber-tipped". Dodge also made a '96 Black with Silver striped car. Only year those style stripes were used.

The color scheme (white w/blue) has also been referred to as the Shelby tribute color scheme as it is the same color as the '67 Shelby GT-350 racer.

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I see the bvuild info shows 324 white roadster produced; did all of them have stripes? Noticed the white wheels, too; interesting combo. Can't say I've ever seen a white one.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts

packetjunkie said:
I didn't think any roadsters came with stripes - is this a factory job?
In 97 53 blue roadsters were sold with white GTS stripes.

·
Enlightened
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I know of two people in IL (family) who have the Blue/White combo; but I thought that was a custom job. I didn't know there were 53 of them! That was a sweet color combo.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts

We're now talking 2 different things...

1996 - Gen 1.5 roadster - White with blue stripes and black via silver stripes... these were factory. They were the different stripes - Mike - as in your picture.

1997 - BLUE with white stripes (like the 1996 GTS) 53 were made - very rare and a VERY sweet ride. I'd love to have a 1997 blue and white striped roadster.

/images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

Forgot to add that the white color keyed wheels were part of the factory package.

·
Registered
19,616 Posts

Even this past weekend - other members still bring up the discussion of a graphite RT/ACR... One of one... :pissed: I think some guy in Michigan won it or something - but an RT/ACR...

Mike - one of our members up here has that white/blue package... I really like it as well...

·
Registered
3,264 Posts

Of all the Vipers I have seen the White/Blue is the only one that screamed at me to own one. I'll probibly start looking for one sometime next year and become a Viper owner. How hard are they to find and about how much do you think a clean low miles one would be?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

Emilie said:
the guy i raced on the highway a few months ago had the white with blue stripes. one of my favorite color combo's.
you're MY favourite

·
Registered
3,264 Posts

Craig201MPH said:
Emilie said:
the guy i raced on the highway a few months ago had the white with blue stripes. one of my favorite color combo's.
you're MY favourite
/images/graemlins/cursin

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts

Emilie said:

That would be Jon.

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

JT said:
We're now talking 2 different things...

1996 - Gen 1.5 roadster - White with blue stripes and black via silver stripes... these were factory. They were the different stripes - Mike - as in your picture.

1997 - BLUE with white stripes (like the 1996 GTS) 53 were made - very rare and a VERY sweet ride. I'd love to have a 1997 blue and white striped roadster.

/images/graemlins/smiles

Don't forget in 1997 there was only 1 (one) solid blue (no stripes) RT built and 7 red with "gold" wheels (not mustard yellow) RTs (almost bought one of these).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
130 Posts

There was also a '96 or '97 GTS coupe that was white with blue stripes. There is one here in the Detroit area. It is owned by one of the original Viper Team members.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts