Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

9.5 @ 152 mph Venom Twin Turbo SRT Pics

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  SVS Turbo 
#1 ·
We are going to do some road racing with this car. So we added our version of the Moton suspension lowered a bit with SSR wheels. 900-1100 rw hp should be interesting on a road course.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
John Hennessey said:
We are going to do some road racing with this car.
Sounds like mucho fun.

Where are you planning to road race it? I would think that if you were seriously running a Viper on a road course with 900-1100rwhp you are going to need 15" rotors (maybe carbon or carbon ceramic) and bigger calipers. I bet you could pull an awesome time on the track but you most likely will only get 1 lap if you have a good driver really pushing it.

#11 ·
SVS Turbo said:
Sounds like mucho fun.

Where are you planning to road race it? I would think that if you were seriously running a Viper on a road course with 900-1100rwhp you are going to need 15" rotors (maybe carbon or carbon ceramic) and bigger calipers. I bet you could pull an awesome time on the track but you most likely will only get 1 lap if you have a good driver really pushing it.
We ran around TWS last year doing some testing and our driver was running hard for 8-10 laps at a time. Ambient air temp was 95 deg. and track temp was about 130 deg. Car ran like a champ and then went on to win the Car and Driver supercar shootout a few weeks later. Not sure if we can use 900 + rw hp everywhere on a road course, but we will sure use it on the straighaway.

FYI, One Lap of America is coming up soon...

#12 ·
VERY sweet looking! :thumb:

#25 ·
take it to big willow

#26 ·
John Hennessey said:
FYI, One Lap of America is coming up soon...
I forgot all about it........when do I start testing with you? :cool: Are you going to drive the 1000 miles inbetween tracks and I'll do the 2 lap smoke everybody in your SRT TT :nod:

Hire me cheap, put a roll bar in the car and if it stays together you will win.

I need to fly to some of the tracks, get a rental car and practice :thumb:

When do we start?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.