Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
John Hennessey said:
We are going to do some road racing with this car.
Sounds like mucho fun.

Where are you planning to road race it? I would think that if you were seriously running a Viper on a road course with 900-1100rwhp you are going to need 15" rotors (maybe carbon or carbon ceramic) and bigger calipers. I bet you could pull an awesome time on the track but you most likely will only get 1 lap if you have a good driver really pushing it.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
That car looks badass. The SRT looks great lowered with larger wheels; great job! Looking forward to hearing how a TT performs on a road circuit.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SVS Turbo said:
Sounds like mucho fun.

Where are you planning to road race it? I would think that if you were seriously running a Viper on a road course with 900-1100rwhp you are going to need 15" rotors (maybe carbon or carbon ceramic) and bigger calipers. I bet you could pull an awesome time on the track but you most likely will only get 1 lap if you have a good driver really pushing it.
We ran around TWS last year doing some testing and our driver was running hard for 8-10 laps at a time. Ambient air temp was 95 deg. and track temp was about 130 deg. Car ran like a champ and then went on to win the Car and Driver supercar shootout a few weeks later. Not sure if we can use 900 + rw hp everywhere on a road course, but we will sure use it on the straighaway.

FYI, One Lap of America is coming up soon...

·
Registered
587 Posts
VERY sweet looking! :thumb:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a nice way to add a boost and fuel pressure meter to an SRT. You still get plenty of cold air from the other vents in the car.

Cant seem to post the interior pic right now. Will try later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.