1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Kaboom. You get what you pay for. Stock fuel system? PUHLEEZE!! Toss in a 8 rib belt and a half assed tensioner system? Where do I sign up.....to watch a grenade? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I'm picking it is a Mustang dyno that reads lotto like numbers that bear no resemblance to other dynos - but sure makes the customer feel good /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
161 Posts
The kenne bell site used to have some good formulas for calulating nec. fuel for supercharged apps, but I haven't run the numbers. I'm suspicious of the dyno as well.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Torquemonster said:
I'm picking it is a Mustang dyno that reads lotto like numbers that bear no resemblance to other dynos - but sure makes the customer feel good /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

He said it was a brand new Dynojet they used.

The numbers are impressive.... I think the guy just has a mechanic who tinkers with the car. The A/F ratio is ALL screwed up - he needs a better FMU and the ability to dump in more fuel. If he does that and gets 850RW, it will be a big deal for the supercharger community.

·
13,280 Posts
SRT Mike said:
Torquemonster said:

The numbers are impressive.... I think the guy just has a mechanic who tinkers with the car. The A/F ratio is ALL screwed up - he needs a better FMU and the ability to dump in more fuel. If he does that and gets 850RW, it will be a big deal for the supercharger community.
Not sure, it might be a novelty if you could buy broken viper pistons on ebay for $15.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Smokin said:
SRT Mike said:
Torquemonster said:

Not sure, it might be a novelty if you could buy broken viper pistons on ebay for $15.
Make 'em into keychains! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I think Paolo has a good point about the tensioner being shit. But I will be interested to know what fails, and after how long. It seems his first problem is fuel, but even when that is solved who knows how long it will last.

Basically this guy is doing what guys like Heffner did probably 5-7 years ago.. and those big names obviously made changes to make their kits "commercial" (like 10-rib belts). This guy may not have problems for a while, but that doesn't mean it's a sale-ready kit - I bet something will break. The $10k extra you spend on another kit definitely buys you something... not the least of which is know-how.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
He said it wasn't actually the stock fuel system. It's the dual pump system from Paxton. That makes more sense. I think it's cool that this guy is getting this kind of power from a bolt-on kit. :thumb:

·
13,280 Posts
BigCarrot said:
He said it wasn't actually the stock fuel system. It's the dual pump system from Paxton. That makes more sense. I think it's cool that this guy is getting this kind of power from a bolt-on kit. :thumb:
Dual pump :rolleyes: Its still a returnless system using small injectors that are having shit loads of fuel crammed through them with a fuel pressure regulator :rolleyes: GGHHHHHEETTTO! Broke Ho's solution to making power.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Not to mention is A/F ratio is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to rich ..An A/F ratio of 9 will wash your cylinder walls dry of oil...Resulting in Motor damage.

To rich is almost as bad as to lean.

Cheers

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Impressive numbers. After reading everybodys opinions here....I thought it was funny that his screen name is "blown GTS"

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
No way! He's not getting enough fuel, no matter what he believes. Also, the Paxton kit doesn't have a belt tensioner to produce that kind of horsepower. I've seen Paxton's bracket and it appears to be good for a 5 psi system, but not for one that produces 800+ rwhp.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its not hard at all to modify the Paxton kit for those numbers. I think those numbers will be backed up by other Paxton kits very soon. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
just remember, JB weld is great for patching holes in pistons.

·
13,280 Posts
blowngts said:
You guys kill me. :rofl: I am not trying to re-invent the wheel here. /images/graemlins/soapbox.gif I bought the Paxton with some extra bolt ons. I really did not expect to make 800+ rwhp to be honest. /images/graemlins/redface.gif That however is where I am. I know I need a fuel system and we are in the process of installing one. Best pump and return I could find. Does that solve all the problems? No. I know the rods are a weak link. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But you know what, if they fail and the motor breaks I will fix it, no worries. :doh: The car is so rich right now b/c I do not want it going lean. I have an aftermarket FMU that is more than capable to handle this job. As soon as the fuel system gets straight, this week I hope, we will get it dialed in. ;) This car is never going to be raced on the circuit or driven hard everyday. So yes I think it will be dependable and reliable. :burn: I am not trying to cut corners or save money. Trust me that is not a problem. /images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif If need be we will detune the car. Geeezzzz you guys are so paranoid somebody will actually do something good you cannot stand it. :yotony: i will never claim to be the fastest or the smartest, just having fun and letting you guys in on my progress. :slap: Matt /images/graemlins/headbang.gif
What the fuck is up with the meaningless use of smilies? Its like Monkey #3 popped behind the keyboard and went postal on the smilies. Hey Im Blownshitforbrains and Im typing /images/graemlins/flip2.gif :rofl: /images/graemlins/greddy.gif :bowdown: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :thumb: /images/graemlins/ar15firing.gif :pissed: /images/graemlins/argue.gif /images/graemlins/puke.gif :puke: :puke: /images/graemlins/headbang.gif :cheers:
Paranoid? Why would we be? Youre running on a cheeseball tensioner on an 8 rib belt, shit why dont you tie some twine around the SC and tell us about its reliability. Go to Home Depot and buy some sprinkler heads to save some coin on the fuel injectors. Tell us about the real precise spray pattern. Running rich? With that kind of fuel pressure, I would guess that your injector's spray pattern might look more like an ass shitting diahrea, you know, right after you ventured down to mexico and had one of those uncooked burritos and your sphinxter just cant hold back....but hey, what do I know?

1 - 20 of 159 Posts