Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a buddy of mine in a full street Supra, ran a [email protected] He does drive this car on the street all the time. Full weight, full interior, stock rear end(not back-halfed), a/c ect. That's one fast street car..He has more in it, this guy street races bikes all the time. Yes, it's a automatic. It's time to step up one of these twin-turbo Vipers... :idea:

SW

· Registered
4,697 Posts
vipers have already been that mph before, years and years ago, it's the E.T. that hasnt' been there.

G

· Registered
496 Posts
the mph is there....which tells me the cars have the power to get those ET's....its just gonna take some time for one of the big tuners to mess with the motors and find the right combinations and the right turbo setups(big single turbos anyone??) and more people switching to an auto.....

Anthony

· Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
Those are impressive numbers for sure. But we ran 8.93 and 156 mph over a year ago in a street driven GTS. This same car is getting AEM soon, so if you are going to shoot for a number you might want to target 8.40's @ 160+ mph.

I got a nice steak dinner for the next Viper owner/driver that is able to join me in the 8's. It's really not all that hard to do as we were able to get into the 8's within 4 months of the time we got that particular car running.

· Supporting Vendor
3,854 Posts
The automatic is not the trick. The trick is matching the auto to the converter while the power, gearing, weight and tire height all work well together. The real trick is knowing the right combination of these factors. And the best way to know them is to go test a lot.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey John, that Supra belongs to your old friend Marko.. He is going to up the boost and he says he should be able to run in the upper 160's. 8.67 is fast anyway you look at it.. :nod:

SW

· Registered
5,085 Posts
I didn't mean to take anything away from that car with my post. Those times are extremely impressive. And for a street car, even more so. Well done, Marko.

Mid 8's at 160 is just insane! This is an IRS car at street weight with a Turbo 400 trans?

· Registered
2,097 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Those are impressive numbers for sure. But we ran 8.93 and 156 mph over a year ago in a street driven GTS. This same car is getting AEM soon, so if you are going to shoot for a number you might want to target 8.40's @ 160+ mph.

I got a nice steak dinner for the next Viper owner/driver that is able to join me in the 8's. It's really not all that hard to do as we were able to get into the 8's within 4 months of the time we got that particular car running.
Come on John, just a steak dinner?
The supra is what a 6 cly no nitrous, pretty impressive anyway you run it. :thumb:

rohn

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Yea, very impressive run indeed. This is the same car that TNT beat at TX2K3 and he had some motor problems at TX2K4. He will indeed be at TX2K5 - Supra Nationals to play with the other fast supras and vipers. The video was just posted on Supraforums and you can clearly see he hit the brakes BEFORE he crossed the finish line and apparently according to the AEM logs he was only in the gas for 7.4 seconds of the run. Imagine ET and MPH had he stayed in it the whole way... :eek:
Peter

· FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
STREETKING AKA DETENATION KING, WOW!VERY IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST!WILL U BE DRIVING THIS ONE ALSO IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOWER THE ET A BIT?KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! :rofl: :dance:

· Registered
97 Posts
Hell of a run..! [image]http://www.boomspeed.com/viper488/clap.gif[/image] Gee whiz, I wonder if he did it with one of the many $7500 twin turbo kits I've seen offered?? Must be nice.. No mention of the octane/boost the Supra was running, eh?

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
STREETKING AKA DETENATION KING, WOW!VERY IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST!WILL U BE DRIVING THIS ONE ALSO IN AN ATTEMPT TO LOWER THE ET A BIT?KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! :rofl: :dance:
Norma, I don't think Marko needs any help, but you and Big Gun will in Fl. /images/graemlins/smiles

You may want to call LPE AGAIN so you can get more power, your going to need at least 750+rwh this time..

Just remember what you felt like in B.G. last year, that feeling will be back again..

Your buddy,

SW

btw, I can still run pump fuel...

· Registered
97 Posts
FYI that car had SP400 turbo, Griner transbrake, a 175 shot of NOS... and a 2.640 reaction time as he spooled it up with the NOS before launching.

Marko says that on the 8.67 pass the nos was on the whole way, and the boost was only at 35 psi.

How much octane would you need to run 35psi?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.