Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we ran a 8.45 in our street supra, full weight driven to and from the track. The car has been driven 3000 miles in the past two months, valet parked at down town clubs, street raced, etc .... still idles smooth, has all power accessories, full interior and gets over 20 mpg on the freeway.

Here are the videos.

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-845.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-845-incar.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-872.wmv

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-872-incar.wmv

Larry
SP

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
DAMN! Almost makes me want to sell the viper. Almost. That's a great sleeper if you could make it sound close to stock while driving arould town. What's the car make on pump gas?

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Nice videos.

Your supra looks a bit familiar. My buddy owns esx and I go to the track with him once in a while. Have you run against the easystreet WRX? I could have sworn that I saw a car just like yours race my friend in the finals at Pomona.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
makara said:
Nice videos.

Your supra looks a bit familiar. My buddy owns esx and I go to the track with him once in a while. Have you run against the easystreet WRX? I could have sworn that I saw a car just like yours race my friend in the finals at Pomona.

That was a friend of mine. His white supra has run a best of 8.89. Pomona is a bit far from Chicago!!

Larry
SP

·
Viper Love
550 Posts
Tanked said:
DAMN! Almost makes me want to sell the viper. Almost. That's a great sleeper if you could make it sound close to stock while driving arould town. What's the car make on pump gas?

not to hijack the thread ! but no offense bro or supras guys ! but you can make your Viper fast and maybe one day faster. just wait and see things going to be alot better than ever. wait my friend wait :smooch:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
That is simply beautiful. I love supras.

That' something you have to keep in perspective....supras have been out a while and if you don't think they were doing this in Japan a decade ago, you're a fool. There's a ton of data and testing R &D on the supra...the viper is just making the turn from S/C to turbos so rest assured, the displacement king is not far behind.

·
Focus!
4,913 Posts
What is it like trying to drive something like that down the track? As far as throttle control and the way the turbo's hit; is it like driving on ice?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Super Squirrel said:
That is simply beautiful. I love supras.

That' something you have to keep in perspective....supras have been out a while and if you don't think they were doing this in Japan a decade ago, you're a fool. There's a ton of data and testing R &D on the supra...the viper is just making the turn from S/C to turbos so rest assured, the displacement king is not far behind.

The fastest full weight supra in Japan is over a second slower.

I am so surprised that no one has done this with the Vipers, perhaps the price of the car, semi exotic, perhaps the lack of engine management until now (AEM EMS)??? A pair of turbos, an automatic tranny..... should be an easy recipe for 7s with that much displacement!!

I know the Vipers are coming, Since the AEM was released, all I hear about is the power they are making and some pretty good times already in the 6 spd ones. Only a matter of time now!

Larry
SP

·
Registered
496 Posts
as far as the Viper is concerned, the times will fall dramatically in the not to distant future. The Chad is looking to become the fastest 6spd IRS car in the world sometime today and it will only get faster from there...The Viper's flaws when it comes to drag racing are pretty simple IMO and its the chassis and suspension. The car is ment to be fast in a straight line but its also ment to go around corners...really fast..and a car made to corner very fast is by design weaker on the strip...so the Viper has to overcome being a relativly new car that only recently has drag racing become really big.So in turn the R&D just wasnt there, and niether were the parts. And it has to overcome its design as an all around Super Car...Car's like Mustangs, Camaros, even Supras are not trying to from the factory give you world class acceleration, AND world class handling...its difficult to have both, and when you do get both like in the Viper there are compromises on both ends(handling and acceleration).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.