Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Irredeemable
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
700bhp Murcielago Confirmed

Following our news story in issue 73 outlining Lamborghini's plans for a new road-racer to back-up its Le Mans plans, more details of this exciting project have leaked out of Sant 'Agata.

It has been confirmed that the road version will produce a staggering 700bhp from its 6.5-litre V12, and with four-wheel drive being replaced by a rear-drive configuration, it has all the makings of the wildest Lambo ever.

The stripped-out road-racer will be known as the Murciélago GT-R and just 25 will be built. The new engine will then be fitted in a revised Murciélago for model year 2006.
Lamborghini is also planning to launch a more powerful Gallardo as a retort to Ferrari's 483bhp F430. The new car will boast a power output of 600bhp from its revised V10 and will come to the market a few months after this summer's launch of the Gallardo Roadster.

Audi is determined to continue the Lamborghini legend as Italy's wildest supercar manufacturer and will endeavour to make sure its cars are always one step ahead of arch rivals Ferrari in terms of power output and styling. Long may it continue.

"I think this is the first production car to crack the 700 HP mark. The Bugatti Veyron is not on sale yet with it's 1000+ HP and may never be sold." said Lawboy/Tortilla Boy when he called me with this information. Props to Lawboy/Tortilla Boy.

Incredible.
:cool:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,833 Posts
Very nice #'s but I wonder how the street version performs to the likes of a Enzo or a Maserati MC12.

The weight/price of the Lambo will be interesting.

The MC12 comes in at 2900 pounds and 630 HP.

The Enzo comes in at 3000 pounds and 660 HP.

Both cars above sell/sold for well over a million dollars.

Here is a link to the MC12 for all who don't know what that is...

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri147.htm

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
getbit said:
"I think this is the first production car to crack the 700 HP mark. The Bugatti Veyron is not on sale yet with it's 1000+ HP and may never be sold." said Lawboy/Tortilla Boy when he called me with this information. Props to Lawboy/Tortilla Boy.

Incredible.
:cool:

:nuts:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Toby said:
Very nice #'s but I wonder how the street version performs to the likes of a Enzo or a Maserati MC12.

The weight/price of the Lambo will be interesting.

The MC12 comes in at 2900 pounds and 630 HP.

The Enzo comes in at 3000 pounds and 660 HP.

Both cars above sell/sold for well over a million dollars.

Here is a link to the MC12 for all who don't know what that is...

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri147.htm
I believe all the NEW Enzos sold at sticker (in the 650 range). The used cars are what trade above a million.

It's all about getting on the damn "list." Then, you make $ driving Ferraris! Beautiful.

The new Merci sounds great. I still think it needs a little something for looks though. It just doesn't evoke that gotta have it feeling like the Diablo did.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
THE CHAD said:
I believe all the NEW Enzos sold at sticker (in the 650 range). The used cars are what trade above a million.

It's all about getting on the damn "list." Then, you make $ driving Ferraris! Beautiful.

The new Merci sounds great. I still think it needs a little something for looks though. It just doesn't evoke that gotta have it feeling like the Diablo did.
The hardtop doesn't do it for me, but the roadster is fucking hot.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
THE CHAD said:
I agree, the Roadster kills. I'm surprised by how many don't like it. Maybe because their climate is not kind to an open-only car.
The roadster as an open-only car looks spectacular, but with that joke of a top on it looks horrific. It's worse than the soft top toupe for the Viper.

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Now 700hp, that's what the viper should be making. Geesh, when will this end. They needed to let the viper die a proud death in 2002. Then brought out the big gun ME412 and blasted all the other "exotic" cars to little bits of exhaust.

I'm happy for lambo though.

Sorry got a little left over frustration from the new coupe that's making me angry and affecting my judgment.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Tanked said:
Now 700hp, that's what the viper should be making. Geesh, when will this end. They needed to let the viper die a proud death in 2002. Then brought out the big gun ME412 and blasted all the other "exotic" cars to little bits of exhaust.

Sorry got a little left over frustration from the new coupe that's making me angry and affecting my judgment.

You sir are an idiot.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Tanked said:

Idiot. Every morning, when you open those eyelids of yours we know the world is about to experience the awakening of another idiot. It is not the frustration of anything that affects your judgement, it is fouled up air from the flattulence you passed while sleeping touching the mucus membrane on your eyeballs that affects your judgement. It is the fact that your subconscious even knows you are dumbing down the universe that affects your judgement. Why dont you try keeping your seemingly endless supply if annoying posts of stupidity to yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.