Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. I drop the viper off to have a track alignment done on it using the spec's Mark was kind enough to give me.. Ends up taking the poor dealership a total of 7 hours to do the alignment. Being up here in the sticks, it is the first time the dealership has done an alignment on a Viper. I guess it took them a while just to figgure out how to use the tools /images/graemlins/laughing.gif The sport shims i guess were a real bitch to get out also (as some had previously mentioned). The good news was I didn't get charged for the whole 7 hours as a LOT of it was spent with the alignment guy learning how to setup the car. So far, the car seems to handle great and I'm looking forward to trying it out on the next autocross here next week. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
SWEET.

7 hours is pretty rediculous, but it sounds like they got the job done. Hope you like the specs, I know I like em and wouldn't think of going back to stock alignment.

Like I said though, its just a little squirrly now on road seems and uneven road surfaces, so keep both hands on the wheel at all time.

:thumb:

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
7 hours for a "by the book" alignment job is about right.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
GTS Dean said:
I can understand it too.

To what degree did you want the specs to match your setup? It's hard enough to get the car within factory specs sometimes. I could imagine it taking a while to get it to an EXACT degree.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
I suppose so from the Dodge dealer, especially one thats never done it before.

I use a shop that does nothing but suspension setups for race cars to street cars all day - and they don't take 7 hours so I guess I'm jaded.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Ron, have you ever _READ_ the alignment procedure in the Service Manual?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
GTS Dean said:
Took me and a buddy eight hours, two four hour sessions...by the book...GTS Dean GenII specs...but it's like I'm on rails...well worth the time to get it perfect :thumb:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Dean - What does a 7 hour alignment job cost you?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
About 6 Buds and a sore back. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ahhh, gotcha! So are you saying if I bring you 6 buds you would align my RT? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
Yours would be the first Gen1 I've ever done. I might be game.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Really?? Cool!! :thumb: I'll PM you in a week or so after I get my new rims and tires on my car to check your interest level, and to see what your schedule might look like. :cheers:

·
Banned
26,067 Posts

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
SoCal Rebell said:
...and get a computer printout of all the settings.

If you don't mind, post your settings...
I don't have them here, from memory :
Castor 6
Toe neutral to 1/8th
Front neg. camber -2.0
rear neg. camber -1.3

This is about as much neg. camber and still drivable on the street, you can go as far as -2.3 front, -1.5 rear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
How much will this negatively affect my handling on the street? I dont track my car that often, would it be worth it to do to my car for mainly street driving and SOME road coarse? /images/graemlins/confused

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
ROLLMODEL said:
How much will this negatively affect my handling on the street? I dont track my car that often, would it be worth it to do to my car for mainly street driving and SOME road coarse? /images/graemlins/confused
I would go with a -1.5 front and a -1.0 rear, that's what I started with. The more neg. camber the more tire wear, more dartiness and when you do the full blown alignment you start tracking into the grooves on the road.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts