Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2002 GTS a few months ago. Was only going to keep it a few months till my 911 turbo came in. But now I'm totally in love with the car, and going to keep it

The original 3/36 warrantee has 11 months left on it. The car also has the 7/70 warrantee, don't know what its called. When i called Dodge they said the 7/70 wasn't transferable. Is this correct? They want me to buy another warrantee for $2k. What a waste.

Any help would be appropriated.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
If you bought the car used from someone who purchased the 7/70 warranty, then I'm assuming the one transfer on the warranty was used when it was transfered into your name.

So, I would have to say no, its no longer transferable.

Chuck Tator or Bill Pemberton should be able to give you a straight answer. You should give either of them a call.

Eddie

·
Registered
730 Posts
I believe the free 7/70 warranty only covers the power train. I guess for the extra money they want would be for the rest of the total to upgrade that to the max care or added care package.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 7/70 is only on the powertrain, but if the car was in-serviced prior to July 2002, it actually had a 7/100 powertrain policy - that one is not transferable. The 7/70 is transferable with no problem, and if you want to upgrade the contract to almost match the factory coverage, you can purchase a Maxcare contract - it will have trip interuption and rental coverage that doesn't even come with the Limited 3/36 Bumper to Bumper warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Duh, if I had read all the notes I would have just run the VIN. Well, I did, and the car is under the 7/100 powertrain, so it is not transferable. It had a service contract also, but states it is not transferable( it looks like that was already done once). You can still purchase an extended service contract and feel free to give me a call if you need some assistance.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.