Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
60\' times with Kumhos

What kind of 60' times have people been getting with the Kumhos?

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
Re: 60\' times with Kumhos

I agree, I have gotten 1.6xx, but consistantly 1.7-1.8's. I would like to know if the 18" BFG's can attain better 60' times?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

96 R/T 10 said:
I agree, I have gotten 1.6xx, but consistantly 1.7-1.8's. I would like to know if the 18" BFG's can attain better 60' times?

Most of the time I am right around 1.70-1.75(18 BFG dr's). I should be better, but the tracks around here suck.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

The great part about 17' Kumho's is they grip like a MF'er and also handle the curves like mad. Traction around corners is unreal, and the tire gives more feedback than the 17' or 18' OEM Pilot. Instills much more confidence in the turns....

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts

I would think the 18 Kumhos would get a low 60 ft.....There is almost NONE around(only 1 other in the state of Florida that I am aware of)....BUT I have a set of 18's.

Ask BAD VPR how the 18's hook on the street. We can back from Sebring (I was road racing on the track), I was running the 18 Kumhos on all 4s and Chad was running the BFG's when we starting playing on the street.

On the way there 2 FHP were chasing me across the state (unknown to me)..... They found me when I stopped to get gas next to Sebring raceway(they were not happy campers).

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been getting 1.50 s 60' times on old 16" M/T Streets.I just put on new 16" M/Ts and expext 1.40s with no problem. I really like these tires. I have been running 15 lbs of air. Think I should lower air pressure??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yesterday I ran my Viper at HOLT, FL. My best 60' ever with these new M/T ET STREETs, 1.45.. I really like these tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear is 26x11.50 16 LT Mickey Thompson STREET E/T on a 16 x10 rim.
The front is 5.00/5.25 16 Firestone on I believe a 4 x 16 rim. I got these rims with the car when I bought it and don't know the name of the rims. Also I can't find a listing on the front Firestone tire I have so I can replace it. I wanted MOROSO front runners , or GOODYEAR Fron trunners to replace those. They don't make a 16" skinny for the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
M/T ET STREETs 26x11.50 16LT rears, Firestone 5.00/5.25 16 skinny front runners.
16 x 10 & 16x 4.5 rims (I think) I got the rims when I bought the car and I don't know the brand rim name.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The rear is 26x11.50 16 LT Mickey Thompson STREET E/T on a 16 x10 rim.
The front is 5.00/5.25 16 Firestone on I believe a 4 x 16 rim. I got these rims with the car when I bought it and don't know the name of the rims. Also I can't find a listing on the front Firestone tire I have so I can replace it. I wanted MOROSO front runners , or GOODYEAR Fron trunners to replace those. They don't make a 16" skinny for the front.
Is this a new tire, I have the 10.5 X 16, but, they have been around forever?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.