Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for something online and ran into this GTS for $38K. Has 42K miles though -- but then again, my car has almost that much too. Looks pretty nice overall. I'm guessing $36K would take it off the guys hands, and that would be a smoking deal for somebody wanting a GTS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...p;category=6209

·
Registered
779 Posts
Manny,

This guy near me had a 97 GTS (Red) w/ 21k miles for sale. Another guy I know purchased it for $39k. It has corsa exahust, h/f cats, ebc greens, tubes&filters and some other stuff. He got a great deal on the car for sure!

I think you might need another Viper, something for when I come into town I can drive around. :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My next Viper will 'probably' be a Gen 3... I am just waiting a year or so to see if there is any news of a coupe coming out.

My biz partner and I have also discussed other cars like the Ferrari 360, but to be honest, I am not WOWED with that car to the point where it justifies the extra $$$ to get one. That and it would feel SLOW now -- plus I have read that fixing or replacing anything on them is just ridiculous. People who know me also know that I beat on my cars, so I can't have things breaking and paying thousands of dollars to replace something small.

On the other hand, I have been thinking of selling my Gen I RT/10 and getting a Gen II RT/10 instead (same color, same everything.) But I still want a road coursing car, and my RT/10 is set up for that already, even though a coupe would make more sense.

Then again, Vettes are going REAL cheap right now and might make a great ROAD COURSE purchase. Unfortunately, I am out of garage space for now, and justifying a whole separate car purchase just to road course a few times per year doesn't make sense for me, yet. If I start road coursing every month, I'll have to do something.

Manny

·
Registered
779 Posts
Manny_C said:
My next Viper will 'probably' be a Gen 3... I am just waiting a year or so to see if there is any news of a coupe coming out.

My biz partner and I have also discussed other cars like the Ferrari 360, but to be honest, I am not WOWED with that car to the point where it justifies the extra $$$ to get one. That and it would feel SLOW now -- plus I have read that fixing or replacing anything on them is just ridiculous. People who know me also know that I beat on my cars, so I can't have things breaking and paying thousands of dollars to replace something small.

On the other hand, I have been thinking of selling my Gen I RT/10 and getting a Gen II RT/10 instead (same color, same everything.) But I still want a road coursing car, and my RT/10 is set up for that already, even though a coupe would make more sense.

Then again, Vettes are going REAL cheap right now and might make a great ROAD COURSE purchase. Unfortunately, I am out of garage space for now, and justifying a whole separate car purchase just to road course a few times per year doesn't make sense for me, yet. If I start road coursing every month, I'll have to do something.

Manny
I'd love to get a GEN III, but my GEN II is so perfect now (besides an S/C) that I wouldn't be happy with something else unless I could keep the GEN II.

I too like the Ferrari's but the coin for one is stupid! I'd rather have a few Vipers with colors of my choice, no question!

If you're thinking about getting a Vette, the site sponsor at the Corvette Forum is selling new 04 C5's at $9000.00+ off of MSRP. He is the largest volume Corvette dealer in the nation and has a current inventory which is unbelievable.

I almost bought a new C5, but I didn't get a good enough trade on my 03 CLK to pull the trigger on one.

Rick @ Les Stanford Chevy

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Damn, that is a deal if it's straight, the mileage dosen't matter to me. Can't get a second Viper yet (sigh). I guess they will be even better priced when I get in the market for a GTS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.