Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if they will fit? I have a set of Hoosiers in the garage and my rear Kumhos are corded. I am thinking about throwing the Hoosiers on just to have some tires to play with at the Autocross in 2 weeks.

I know it will be a stretch, but wanted to see if anyone had done it. Should make for interesting driving!!

Chip

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
They will fit, but not on Viper rear wheels. You have to put them on fronts.

The hoosiers could be a "messed up" 315 size (i.e. not all 315 size tires are really 315), but I know from drag racing, lots of guys use 315-35/17 drag radials, which are too small for Viper rear wheels.

I think the "mathematically correct" size tire for the rear rim is actually 345, so the 335's are probbaly already a hair stretched.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool...thanks. I looked it up on Tirerack, it says 11-12 rim for that tire, so I figured it would be a stretch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You could put the 315s on the front rims, but I still wouldn't run them on the back. Lots of people will keep the 315s up front and run 335s out back. It's tough on the ps pump, but helps the understeer a lot.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!! I went ahead and ordered a set of rears. My fronts are still good, but when they are gone I am going to put 315's on the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts