Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite my Daddy-0 rolled over to my house in his Big Brand Spanking New Vanilla Pearl 300C. Let me tell you how how cool that car is! It sits on 18"s and handles flawlessly for its class! Clearly more car couldn't be had for anything $20K north of this car's price. Last night when I got behind the wheel for the first time, I actually heard my father say "Speed up!, we're not going 40 MPH in a 40 zone. Reeeelax, I said as in no time, I put the hammer down on the Hemi and we rocketed forward. As my Pops dropped me and my daughter off at our house, we got another yet again remark, "Is that a Bentley" /images/graemlins/laughing.gif:nod: Those were the same sentiments that I initially had at the dealership as well. So now comes the hard part. Where do I go to accessorize this car on the web. The first place to look was the reference by Jamal, does anyone have more sites besides this initial reference? I'm hoping to find a competitive market for the same product. eg lower price same product kinda thing. Or maybe someone is local here in Chicago or the Chicago area

Ideas? Thoughts?

Jay K.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nexus-6 said:
I dig this car more and more each day...

If the SRT-8 base price slips in at $39,999.99 I'm making it my next daily driver. /images/graemlins/smiles
After you find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP... good luck!

I think the car looks pretty damn good but I can't justify paying over MSRP very well knowing that in 6 months there will be a $3000 rebate and you'll be able to negotiate $4k off MSRP. I think I'll wait until the hype dies down.

Eddie

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yeah, I'm expecting a jacked sticker price but if the listed MSRP is $39K and change I'm in. AND - I think I know someone who can get one to me for sticker........

The base 300c decked is about $32K~33K so that gives em some wiggle room for the SRT-8 goodies without going too crazy. But, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be $45K sticker...just a gut feeling.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Nexus-6 said:
I dig this car more and more each day...

If the SRT-8 base price slips in at $39,999.99 I'm making it my next daily driver. /images/graemlins/smiles
:stupid:

Already have it put down as my next company car. I love the 300C, the added power of the 6.1L makes it all the more lovable. :nod:

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Landon,

We purched the car at Sticker and mebbe even a little under! We attended the Chicago Autoshow, spoke with several dealerships, did our homework and everything turned out peachy keen. What I suggest is that you guys take a ride in the 300C. OMG!! The car ran like it was on an electric rail rather than the 18" is rode on. Very impressive for a non sports car. One of the Pros of this car: Most noteworthy in that the sound deadening material made the car's interior almost silent, I mean extreemely quiet. This was a problem with the last generation of 300 cars where the interior noise was that of my base model Dodge Neon :p . If I could change anything it would be the steering wheel adjustment stick which I mistook several times for the turn signal! Its position should be relocated. Another issue was field of view. I didn't like the top of the windshield being as low as it was. This however was no sticking point or anything that would sway my judgement from buying this amazing car from Chrysler. The acceleration was amazing, the car felt like a Bentley amongst Cadillacs for its ride quality which again, I can't state how rich it felt. Now only if we could get the Corinthiyan Lezzer instead of the plain'ol plain'ol leather! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Jay K.

ps. Already planning on replacing the front grille with the Bentley Continental GT look alike grille

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
No SRT product has ever had a rebate.....

I think you'll be able to get an SRT-8 for under sticker - but don't expect a rebate - it's a source of pride with the team that they don't have to give their cars away to sell them.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
JT said:
No SRT product has ever had a rebate.....

I think you'll be able to get an SRT-8 for under sticker - but don't expect a rebate - it's a source of pride with the team that they don't have to give their cars away to sell them.
Never say never. As more cars enter the sport compact market look for SRT-4's to start getting rebates soon. I'm also waiting to see 60 days same as cash on SRT-10's.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I made a few calls today and got the hook up with a buddy that owns a dealership. Going to get a black one, fully loaded for green sheet. :clap:

He's going to see if he can find some preliminary pricing and get back to me. I'll be sure to post whatever I find.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just put my deposit down on an SRT-8 today...can't wait til Spring!

I had a chance to see that bad boy out in Monterey last month - that sealed the deal. The base 300C was already looking very much like my next daily driver - the SRT-8 is just perfect for what I want and need.

I placed my deposit with DA MAN - Mr. Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. If anyone is thinking about getting in line for an SRT-8, or a 300C for that matter, you really need to give him a call. You won't get a better deal on one anywhere else in the country - period. I said it when I bought my Viper from him 2 years ago and I'll say it again - Bill will get all of my Dodge/Chrysler/Ford biz for as long as he's peddling the good stuff up there.

I've read in the past few weeks that they intend to offer just two colors on the SRT-8 - Silver and Black. Not bad choices, but I really really hoped they offer something along these lines...just a quick mock up of the color I'd really like to have (a Titanium/Graphite) - this color is just perfect on this car if you ask me...

[image]http://home.comcast.net/~lwmont/300c.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thas BadAss My Man BaaaadASSS!!

I wish my Father woulda held out for one of these instead of getting a 300C justa week or two ago.

Jay K.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jamal "Steve" Austin

You got it all rong (sp?)/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

When you chill errr relax in a 'C' see already I got the lingo (Doh!) you don't HAVE to go fast. Your movin' and groovin' and THATS What its all about.

No 'bout adout it

Jay "I'm a Dope!" K.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.