Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of a 300hp shot progressive system on a 99 with TNT heads, full corsa race exhaust,archer trans and 3.45 rear gears. It is a wet system and comes on at 60% and ramps up just barely hitting 100% before shifting and starting over. I know I may be looking for trouble but isn't everyone on this list?
Thanks
Mike
PS anyone know what a stock set of 99 wheels and tires , and a stock trans ,
And all stock suspension are worth? I need some room so may be selling extras.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
I think its a perfect idea. in fact i know someone who is doing it :smooch:

puts you right into the nines with a good driver :thumb:

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car has went 9.60s... mph can't remember I know it handed my lamborghini countach its ass and never missed a beat (funny) how long do you think it will last? It also has a cage and more....

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
it went 9.60s ?? wow thats great. what kinda HP was it without nos? what kind of fuel system?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still looking into hp numbers I never dynoed it. I bought the car done//I stole the car done with all this work.
I don't really care as long as it get the job done to many factors with machines and such. I have been handed my ass by lesser hp cars and stomped higher hp cars.
Who else is running this setup? how do you like it?

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
OK im a bit slow and daft so pardon my stupidity. did you actually run a 9.60s in this car?

how do i like it; i love it. ive been doing heads/cam/nitrous half of this race season. best all motor in early spring i went 10.97 (im expecting a good improvemnt there with recent upgrades for all motor) and my best time on the spray was 10.43 that was a 150 shot. i am now getting a 300 shot completed and ready and im sure itll guarantee me 9.90s when its done.

as for all motor; my goal is low tens; say 10.3-10.4s
as much as i like spray and all the power adders, nothing IMO can compare to an all motor viper (just ask Norm who just ram a 9.98!!)

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the car went 9.6?? With the builder in it (things always go faster when the owner is not driving) I then was able to buy it at such a great price I couldn't pass it up!! I have not been to the track myself I am sorry I want to make sure people know the car not I have went 9.6??? I do have the time slip it came with the car as I wanted it too.. I saw the pass I will have to find it and post the real numbers and see what you think I bought it just for fun and may never take it to the track for serious racing just for fun..
I know it is so much fun on the streets and alot cheaper to drive brand xxx was a 10,000$ clutch job when having to much fun

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used NOS on bikes for years and even plumbed it through a roots type supercharger on my street bike and made over 380 hp on a old 91 1127 air and oil gsxr motor and have 11 seasons on it nothing but fun!! and no added vent holes yet. This is my first car with this much and the progressive setup so far I like it hope it holds up just as well.

· Banned
10,158 Posts
mikcon, i am also confused here. how could you have a car set to run a 300 shot and not have dyno figures for it. wasnt this thing ever dyno tested. i ran to the dyno after putting on a modest 150 shot kit to check the airfuel and dyno figures before running the juice at the track. if it was never tested then stop everything and go to the dyno and get that insurance o you could be sorry. also what kit is on the car, who nitrous solnoids are they. and is it a fuel wet kit or propane injected wet kit. also is the fuel supply tapped off the factory port on the manifold or is there a separate supply source? i run my 150 kit to hit all at once at the track good for a solid 11.4 at 130 on street tires. or i am sure to dip 10's on et's dropping that aweful 1.9 sixty foot by .5 tenths! i am cool with this power until the roe blower comes in! of course the nitrous will still be there for that LITTLE kick.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was done by TNT and Victory performance All was tuned at that time I have no paper proof so I am not going to repeat numbers I can not back up.
It is a wet kit and the 300 number comes from TNT who claim with their kit you get a real 300 shot I do think this is right because a friend has the same kit (only a over the shelf) and his 300 shot pills are smaller. He does not see a true 300 on the tester close I think around 240? is all he gets at the wheels.
Again I just don't want to be wrong and mislead anyone with numbers I can not back. The kit is a TNT/NX with 2 20lbs bottles and all hardware. Fuel supply ?? will have to look I know he has been through around 4 bottles (also a huge purge huge waste) since put on.
So far I am very happy to own it.
Any car that can hold its own Mine or someone elses with some of the new street bikes (stock) out are just kick ass to me.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
I am trying to interpret and understand what has been written. mikcon is saying he "bought" an all motor car that "has" run 9.6 and has the slip to prove it.

Well it seems TXWYD' s record all motor pass has been shattered or did I miss something here??????????

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NO No NO that was on the nos I wanted to know how well the motors hold up under these conditions!!! all motor I wish!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry just wanted input on the system and how well it should continue to work, if anyone has used it a while and if so do they have alot of issues???
Honest that was all I wanted. I think some room for improvement is there but not that good on all motor.

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
no offense but i just dont see a car on a 300 shot with a some additional bolt-on work doing a 9.60 you better make sure you werent misled. im sure its a fine machine regardless and if it indeed has a 300 shot plus the additional mods they told you then its a beast of a machine. plus the gears; i personally wouldnt think 3:45 is a good choice unless you want to shift into fifth in the 1/4.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know the times are right and have spoke with all who have been in on the build and all is good and all parts are in the car.
But my question was only how well the v10 hold up to 300 shots of nos.
This has gotten way off topic and I am sorry I am not saying I have a fast car it is good for me I just was looking to you guys and gals to help with the info on the v10 side.
Sorry if i offended any one or mislead anyone I look forward to picking the brains of people on this to soon be flyin in this car.
Mike

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Now I understand. IMO the 9.6 could be possible as BC said and that being said the reliability of a V10 with nawz......I don't see why it would be any different than any other pushrod motor. There are numerous people spraying that much and a little more with continued success. The key obviously is the tune, but I would not be scared to keep the setup. It is not like you will be spraying on a daily basis.

Maybe a few guys like will chime in, but I personally know of a half dozen or so that spray that much and run several events a year with no problems on the forged cars.

John

· Registered
44 Posts
I spray the 300 shot all the time. No problems. I do have a motor specifically designed to take a big shot....while still making strong all motor power (650RWHP) I have the 3.45's and they work great. I have been through maybe 40 bottles of nitrous. Good luck!

· Registered
858 Posts
Rich:

I don't know if this is the car, however, a tuner at TNT did have his car turn mid nines with a set up like the one described about two years ago. I believe the difference was that the car had a two stage system.

Tom Welch has also turned 9.6xx with 770 hp at rear wheels. The torque however, is close to 900-950.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.