Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM TAKING A SURVEY ON HOW MANY DRAG RACERS WITH A 3.33 GEAR ARE HITTING THE REV LIMITER BEFORE CROSSING THE QTR MILE FINISH LINE.I KNOW WARD REASONER IS.WE ARE RUNNING A 3.45 GEAR AND TRAP ABOUT 6K RPM CROSSING THE FINISH LINE WITH NO REV LIMITER HIT.THE STANDARD PCM IS PROGRAMED FOR 6100 REV LIMIT..ANYONE WITH A 3.33 GEAR PLZ RESPOND AS TO YEA OR NAY.THANX! :dance:

· FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BILL,THANX FOR THE TIP ON THE LITTLE BLUE PILLS I WILL TRY SOME AFTER I TAKE THE DAILY DOSE OF GERITOL.REDGTS AND J DAWG THATS EXPLAINS 1TONY1 ET AND MPH.WE TRIED A SET OF 28 INCHERS ONCE.WE HAD TO GRIND PART OF THE WHEEL WHEELS DOWN TO GET THEM TO FIT.BOGGED TOO MUCH OFF THE LINE IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER WITH A DIFFERENT ENGINE SET-UP THEN WE HAVE NOW.MAY TRY THE 28 INCH WHEEL EQUATION AGAIN. :dance:

· Registered
267 Posts
155.09 - You get a lot of potential MPH from the extra size. The trade off is getting the car to 60 foot without bogging the shit out of it.

Here is a link the calculator if you wanna run some numbers. A 3.07 with that tall tire could turn 168mph at 6200rpm! I think it will be awhile before we see a viper running that speed at the drag strip.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/rearendgearcalc.html

· Registered
318 Posts
I have hit 146.8 with 3.33 and 26' tires. The shift light was on but did not hit the limiter. Don't forget that even a 26'tall tire grows by the time you hit the traps. M/T has the tire height at 26.2, when mounted on a rim.

· FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SLOWMOFO AND RSI950--------THANX FOR THR INFO........NORM K /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif :dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.