Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read my previous post about the Cayman GT4 deal falling apart, and then wanting to go with a C8 well seems Chevy has a stop build on all 2021 Vettes right now due to parts availability. While talking to the local dealer he offered up his dealer owned 2019 Z06 loaded with only 7K miles for $69K to me if I wanted it.

All of the reviews I have read have stated that the C8 is a far better car than any of the C7's...but $69K seems like a pretty good price for a 7K mile Z06.

What say you?

·
Registered
11,456 Posts
Used GT3! Prefer manual, but PDKs have come way down in price.

It's all manufacturers right now, for almost every make, there's chip supply etc issues thanks to beerflu. And same for other mechanical parts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hellcat-707hp M6 Brembos for 50k. That's the way to go...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like a Hell Cat as there are crazy deals on them now but man it is hard to get a car that also comes in a V-6 model as unless you are somewhat of a car guy they are hard to tell apart. I know eventually the C8's will be the same as all of the other model vettes as far as base, Z06, and eventually the ZR1. As for a used Porsche? I checked with all the dealers around me and no one has any cars (new or used) in a 911 that I would want. And I would go manual after reading about PDK repairs. They are sealed transmissions, and Porsche just swaps them out to the tune of $19K. And extended warranty of a Porsche is very expensive too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The deals are amazing...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I say it's a beautiful thing to have a choices in lots of amazing machines!

I like them all but the new vette just isn't my thing, fugly. Reminds me of a "turnpike" car at the amusement park we stood in line for over & over. The steel channel in the center of the track deal? Keep in mind this crew will make fun of the Z06 exhaust out the rear too. Ha!

Reactions: HughJass

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet looking car. I like the C8's. Here is the car I have built and want to order. It is the ceramic matrix gray metallic.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,649 Posts
Sweet looking car. I like the C8's. Here is the car I have built and want to order. It is the ceramic matrix gray metallic.

I saw a CMG C8 with tridents the other day but it had the body color accents and it looked awesome... The HTC is the way to go... I'm not a fan of the rear spoiler but there's no way to delete it if you want a Z51 package to track the car. I skipped the Z51 and added a front splitter after I got the car. I ordered mine 3 days after the reveal in July 2019 and picked it up 16 months to the day later. My friend just bought one for himself and one for his wife and paid over for both and he's on the list for a Z06. It's a way different car than my Vipers. Much more civilized and drives like a Lexus... It feels more glued to the road under hard acceleration and cornering but it lacks that raw visceral feel you get in a Viper. It's really quick from a dig but a GenV Viper will catch it and blow by at about 75mph.

·
Landscaping Professional
13,950 Posts
It's really quick from a dig but a GenV Viper will catch it and blow by at about 75mph.
The old Small Block vs Big Block quandary. That's why drag races are 1/4 mile and not 1/8 mile.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Registered
11,456 Posts
C8 has crazy good traction with that setup and really, really short and tight gearing first couple gears. I think that's why it's so fast down low for its power, seems to rocket up to 70-100 and than hit a brick wall (relatively speaking, still quick). Lots of vids where it hangs or smokes other cars down low, it just hooks and rockets off the line, that it gets slapped higher up or from a roll.

ZO6 should be sweet though, curious to how it will look body wise. The reg C8 just does nothing for me, was next to a white one with stripes at gym other day and it just looks like a neutered/waterdowned Ferrari 360/NSX, like it's not ugly it just looks like a plain "exotic" of that makes sense. Absolutely nailed interior though, quality is so far beyond C7 let alone previously lol. I checked one out and everything just felt top notch for the $ (if anything interior punches way above its price), smelled great, fit finish etc

·
Registered
10,649 Posts
The old Small Block vs Big Block quandary. That's why drag races are 1/4 mile and not 1/8 mile.
The C8 is about 300lbs heavier and down 150hp on a GenV Viper but it's much easier to launch and the hits from the DCT really surge the car ahead. Eventually the P/W ratio plays out though. No one will be talking about the performance of the Stingray once the Z06 arrives. It is however perfect as a stylish comfortable open air cruiser with a nice exhaust note which suits my lifestyle well at this point.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No love for the Hellcat. No love at all...

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you read my previous post about the Cayman GT4 deal falling apart, and then wanting to go with a C8 well seems Chevy has a stop build on all 2021 Vettes right now due to parts availability. While talking to the local dealer he offered up his dealer owned 2019 Z06 loaded with only 7K miles for $69K to me if I wanted it.

All of the reviews I have read have stated that the C8 is a far better car than any of the C7's...but $69K seems like a pretty good price for a 7K mile Z06.

What say you?
Did you forget this is a Viper website not a very common car website (corvette)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts