Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did yours have the contaminated fluid also?

I'll be driving one this weekend to compare it to our WK1.

There will be a bulletin coming out about the transfer case fluid, some vehicles need to have it drained and refilled, driven 10 minutes and then drained and refilled again to remedy the noise issue, should not hurt anything.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The SRT Jeep has the same type of PCM the Challenger does so adding ANY mods beyond the cat back will not be happening. It is pretty damn fast though for a 5000# vehicle and yes the inside is awesome compared to the earlier model.
The wk1 took a WHILE to crack too....I'm in no hurry.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did yours have the contaminated fluid also?

I'll be driving one this weekend to compare it to our WK1.
It did...flushed it twice and did 10 turns at slow speed and it is good to go. You will love it...it's definitely different than the wk1 but u will appreciate it for sure.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I love the Jeep SRT8 but can't bring myself to pay $60k+ for an outdated transmission and navi head unit, let alone the laughable rear "trumpet" exhaust.

Hopefully Ralphie boy fixes it's shortcomings and gives it a HP bump for the mid model refresh. If so I'll scoop one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wifey wants one of those! We drove one at the SRT Experience back in 06 . What a great ride. It smoked everything out there off the line.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Looks good! Mesh 8's are my favorite 360 wheel... hard to tell from the pic, how big are the lips on them?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks good! Mesh 8's are my favorite 360 wheel... hard to tell from the pic, how big are the lips on them?
Rears are @ 2 3/4" and the fronts 2". I had them do them to stock specs in a 21" X 10"....could have gone wider, but the width would have probably gone to the interior as I didn't want the setup outside the wheel wells.
Steel blue is a great color....good luck! BTW....your viper lookded really good in that pic!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Too bad the wheels are actually a "must do" mod on the 2012's. What were they thinking putting those ugly suckers on from the factory. My 2010 has the original 5 spokes, and they still look good even going all the way back to 2006.

It's a shame the WK2 gained almost 500 pounds.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Too bad the wheels are actually a "must do" mod on the 2012's. What were they thinking putting those ugly suckers on from the factory. My 2010 has the original 5 spokes, and they still look good even going all the way back to 2006.

Agree on both fronts....whoever approved that wheel design must been playing a practical joke.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Agree on both fronts....whoever approved that wheel design must been playing a practical joke.
Yeh the old ones were perfect, actually any of teh WK1 SRT's I've seen with custom wheels I did not like at all. The stock wheels went so well with the edgy look of the WK1. The new wheels, I don't know what the fuck they were on when they designed those, not aggressive at all and ugly as fuck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
QX56 are pretty sweet. Little goofy looking but ride REAL nice...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts

What gets me is the lesson not learned. The Razor wheels were the least favorite SRT wheels by a looooong shot. SRT knew this. I remember Ralph responding to this saying he liked them a lot. That's one.

Then we have the WK2 SRT8 Jeep. These wheels were not well received. Once again Ralph addressed the issue, that he doesn't understand why people don't like them. He loves them. That's two.

Now the Gen V Viper comes out. What do the wheels resemble? The razor and Jeep SRT8 wheels that no body likes. That's three.

At what point does Ralph have the sense to recognize that his in-house wheel designers need to be put to pasture. Obviously they like the wheels, but if 3/4 of the customer base can't stand them why do you keep producing the same damn wheel?

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
What gets me is the lesson not learned. The Razor wheels were the least favorite SRT wheels by a looooong shot. SRT knew this. I remember Ralph responding to this saying he liked them a lot. That's one.

Then we have the WK2 SRT8 Jeep. These wheels were not well received. Once again Ralph addressed the issue, that he doesn't understand why people don't like them. He loves them. That's two.

Now the Gen V Viper comes out. What do the wheels resemble? The razor and Jeep SRT8 wheels that no body likes. That's three.

At what point does Ralph have the sense to recognize that his in-house wheel designers need to be put to pasture. Obviously they like the wheels, but if 3/4 of the customer base can't stand them why do you keep producing the same damn wheel?
Agree, first one had a nice simple design that went with the edgy look of the Jeep. You rarely saw any with custom wheels as none looked as nice and aggressive. But SRTs latest wheels across all the lines are epic fail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
srt8

bad ass end of story...my little brother just bought the 2012 and has ecu tune headers and exhaust and the thing fucking flys!! best suv for the money bare none

21 - 38 of 38 Posts