1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Someday.....

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Got Clocked at 152, didn't quit make it to that level yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What rwhp is required to hit 200 mph in a GTS?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
My front splitter keeps me from breaking the 200 MPH barrier, or so I am told by the previous owner. Car is an RT/10 with 502 RWHP. BUT.... today I just went for a spin in it after having the 300 shot of NOS installed. My goodness! Wheel spin in 3rd gear is killer. I have no doubt I can break well into 200 MPH now WITH the front splitter on. I'm not gonna try it though with this car. Been to 180 though in the Z06 (that feels more stable to me.)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
With a GTS it takes about 525 rw hp to hit 200 mph (6000 rpm in 5th gear with stock rear end). An RT10 will require more power to get to 200 mph.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only paolo has buried it? how long of a distance do you think you need to hit 200 with 600 rwhp?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
West Coats Viper did it in a mile with their car and I believe it had just a tad more than that at the rear wheels. However, I think they sprayed, too.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
superbar said:
West Coats Viper did it in a mile with their car and I believe it had just a tad more than that at the rear wheels. However, I think they sprayed, too.
West Coast Vipers hit 190.6 MPH in the mile for the competition. They had around 600 RWHP and were spraying a 300 shot through 4th and 5th gears.

With 600 RWHP, I would allow at least 3-4 miles to have proper time to get up to 200 and to shut down.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
167mph. Don't think i got that much more to give before serious engine modifications are needed. It took a while to get her up to 167 too, 0-155 is pretty quick, the last 10mph that took a while.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I hit 6000 RPM in 4th gear (151 MPH) at half throttle 1/3 of the way down the long straightaway at Mid-Ohio Sports Car course at Viper Days.

I wonder how fast I could have had it if I had it floored and shifted to 5th gear when I ran out of RPMs in 4th? (Also give me 600 feet to slow down to make the hard right at the end of the straightaway.)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
FAST? said:
3-4 miles is a long stretch. ok paola spill the beans how fast has your beast run?
FAST? I not gone over 200 as the tires on the car are from last season.

The BBS wheels on my car for the standing mile in Nebraska must have a different offset that the stock 1996-98 5-spoke wheels. I really do not like the way the car feels at the higher speeds. I need to do a new alignment or get some new 17" rubber to go faster. I like to go fast, but tires are very important for 200+.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Paolo Castellano said:
superbar said:
West Coast Vipers hit 190.6 MPH in the mile for the competition. They had around 600 RWHP and were spraying a 300 shot through 4th and 5th gears.

With 600 RWHP, I would allow at least 3-4 miles to have proper time to get up to 200 and to shut down.
Paolo, I was told that on the practice run the day before is where they hit 200MPH, as the bottle was nice and warm, but on the next day, the bottle was cold and they couldn't get it heated in time. You were there, you tell me.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
168 mph on my private oval at 3am, It had to be done at 3am due to track conditions, air temp and "security" personel is doing paperwork at that time. Could have gone faster if some people in slower cars didn't sneek on to the track. It's not to bad with the top off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
180MPH.. had to slow down for my exit... not too slow though, didn't want to lose the 2 mile gap I placed between myself and the flashing cherry man..

Something always seems to happen when Paolo is around.. Criminal..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts