Viper Alley banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I recently picked up an SRT10 that was in a pretty good front end collision. I will be updating the thread and posting photos as I make progress putting in back together and need some help.

First thing: Anyone have a photo of a gen 4 with the front bumper off? I've been searching all morning with no luck and it would help me identify if anything is missing. Thanks!

EDIT: A quick search has taught me that someone with the username epviper scammed someone on parts. I assure you that is not me and will try to change my username.

UPDATED PARTS NEEDED LIST:

Engine oil cooler
Hood latch mechanism (catch)
Front Bumper
Bumper Support
A/C Condenser
PS Oil Cooler and lines
Radiator
Fuse Box Cover

·
Registered
106 Posts
Perhaps this 8 part episode on youtube will be of some help to you. Its a Gen 3, but should still be helpful for a Gen 4.

Rebuilding a Wrecked 2006 Viper - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

See post further down for parts 6, 7, and 8

Good Luck!

Also please stop scamming people on parts :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ha thats my 06 coupe. I built the hell out of her wasnt one area left stock Lost $30k when I sold her to a guy from Florida then next time I saw her was on youtube wrecked.

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,419 Posts
EDIT: A quick search has taught me that someone with the username epviper scammed someone on parts. I assure you that is not me and will try to change my username.
Welcome to Hell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps this 8 part episode on youtube will be of some help to you. Its a Gen 3, but should still be helpful for a Gen 4.
Good Luck!

Also please stop scamming people on parts :D
Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Hell
:D

I don't have much time to get to work on it right now but expect a bombardment of photos and updates at the end of Feb. The hood latch is a couple inches off center so I will be stripping the front end to the frame!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some updates on parts:

I'll probably be going with Nitto Invo's for now as they seem like a good tire for the money. Every dollar counts.

What seems to be the consensus for radiator options? I can find a stock replacement rad in the 500-600 range or the triple pass upgrades for around 800.

It seems like a seller on eBay (X2 Builders) has a monopoly on front bumpers. I contacted JonB and he said he didn't have any used body parts at the moment. Looks like they are selling for around $1200.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What are your intentions for the car? Street, track, both?

My setup is far from stock with over 600 to the rear wheels on a stock radiator, stock injectors, and stock fuel pump. Did some track events as well on stock oil cooler and stock power steering cooler. The point is that starting with a Gen 3, a lot of the stock components do not need to be replaced with aftermarket. The "boring" stuff are just fine stock and can support a lot of power. And that's the key...if it is a component that supports power then you probably don't need to go beyond stock. This gets a little fuzzy on things that improve strength and durability like forged pistons...but you get the idea. And if its a component that makes power like cam, heads, headers, etc. that's a different ball game. In short, for radiator- stock should be fine.

For tires you should really try to get the best you can afford. For me, that would be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The difference in price between the Invo's is about $72 per tire, however the performance is beyond question. The Super Sports will eat the Invo's lunch. But if you're just building a street cruiser the Invo's will probably be fine.

Post some pics of your project!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are your intentions for the car? Street, track, both?

My setup is far from stock with over 600 to the rear wheels on a stock radiator, stock injectors, and stock fuel pump. Did some track events as well on stock oil cooler and stock power steering cooler. The point is that starting with a Gen 3, a lot of the stock components do not need to be replaced with aftermarket. The "boring" stuff are just fine stock and can support a lot of power. And that's the key...if it is a component that supports power then you probably don't need to go beyond stock. This gets a little fuzzy on things that improve strength and durability like forged pistons...but you get the idea. And if its a component that makes power like cam, heads, headers, etc. that's a different ball game. In short, for radiator- stock should be fine.

For tires you should really try to get the best you can afford. For me, that would be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The difference in price between the Invo's is about $72 per tire, however the performance is beyond question. The Super Sports will eat the Invo's lunch. But if you're just building a street cruiser the Invo's will probably be fine.

Post some pics of your project!
It will be a street car. Thanks for the info! I was able to find a set of Pilot SSs with 285 fronts so I'll take your advice and go that route. Only $150 more.

Pictures coming next month!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ha thats my 06 coupe. I built the hell out of her wasnt one area left stock Lost $30k when I sold her to a guy from Florida then next time I saw her was on youtube wrecked.
I saw the MCS Coilovers when they opened the hood and knew some money was spent on this car. So sad to see it in this condition. I have no plans to ever sell mine, but I can't imagine how I would feel to see her like this later. What did you move into after selling her?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Was shaking my head when he was afro engineering that line. Then he fixed it the right way.
I believe the term for my reaction was "horrified"! Anything under hydraulic pressure like that should not be rigged. But yea glad he did it right in the end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some updates on parts:

I'll probably be going with Nitto Invo's for now as they seem like a good tire for the money. Every dollar counts.
The Nitto's are a decent choice. I got mine from 4wheelonline. Dry and wet performance are great but don't push them too hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some images. It looks like I am going to have to hunt down at least one front and one rear wheel that are damaged beyond repair. I believe these are the Rattlers in satin black. The frame was bent towards the passengers side which split the fender pretty cleanly. PS oil cooler and condenser are toast. I am assuming the radiator is as well. Going to get it on jack stands and start stripping it down!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Based off the video Super_Villian posted (thanks again! very helpful) it looks like the frame damage is limited to the radiator support and fender mounts. The area where the LCA's attached look to be alright from what I can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Confirmed needed parts and prices found:

Michelin SS's $1600
Front Bumper $1200
Bumper Support $400
A/C Condensor $450
PS Oil Cooler and lines $135
Radiator $650
Fuse Box Cover $12

Nothing ordered yet just data gathering.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I have a radiator for $500. I also have the front wheel well covers just behind the headlights. I have have a good set of headlights too

·
Registered
106 Posts
New forum software is screwing up some media links. In this case my original post is now limited to only 5 media links. So reposting the video links for parts 6, 7, and 8 below...

Part 6

Part 7 Recap

Part 8

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will be editing my original post up top with parts im looking for to keep it a little more organized.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally able to work on the car. Got it up on jack stands and dropped the wheels off a repair place. Two of them are unrepairable so on the hunt for some wheels. Almost done stripping down the front end. Found a broken knuckle on the passengers side. Once I get it rolling on a new set of wheels and tires its off to the frame machine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts