Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my wife called me excitedly on the phone (Yes we are a family of Viperholics) and tells me that she's at the light of Peterson and Crawford next to a Bright Bright Orange GTS with Gold/Silver fleck. Even an Ambulance headed in the opposite direction with the lights on and sirens blasting slowed down and was staring straight at the new Viper to have a look at the new GTS! I initially doubted her until she explained that the car's interior had orange stitching and that she had asked the driver of the car what year his car was. He confirmed that it was a new 2006 SRT Coupe! And yes Hemotox aka Alice, the new car has New wheels as my wife guessed that the car had aftermarket wheels and I explained courtesy of both you and Bill Pemberton that the new GTS has a different wheel pattern. So the Rumors are Confirmed and it is the Real Deal. The GTS DOES HAVE a new wheel pattern. If any of the Chicago Crew knows who this is, SPEAK UP!! The driver appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent. Thats all I got for now. Hopefully someone will identify this owner and get me a ride in this car!

Next time I will have to ask my wife to carry a Camera with her.

Jay K.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shaddup Stephen King and push her in the WoodChipper already You Bastage!!

:lol:

Jay K.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt said:
That's his son he's throwin' in the chipper. Get it straight. :rofl:
OK maybe I was projecting that it was me pushing my wife into the wood chipper!

Jay K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work at a Dodge dealer and we just got an email announcing the availability of the Copperhead for dealer order starting today. I confirmed it in the order bank also. It is a limited edition 2005, not 2006. It is, of course, a convertible, not a coupe. The $2500 option features "a unique Copperhead Spectra Coat exterior paint color with a fantastic hue shifting characteristic resulting in shades throughout the orange spectrum from yellow to red depending on the angel the vehicle is viewed from. The interion of the Copperhead has matching highlight stitching on the seats, shift boot, shift knob, park brake boot, park brake handle, steering wheel and floormats. In addition to this spectacular paint and interior the Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition also features lightweight Sidewinder wheels, also seen on this year's Detroit and LA Viper Coupe show cars."

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If my wife should see the car again, I'll ask..Nah DEMAND a pic of some badging!

Jay K.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Where the HELL is Yo-Tony's left hand?!?!?!! And look at Scott....he's got that "can I be next" look!!! :) Skeeter has the countdown going...car goes to the paint shop tomorrow AM for the new wing. Took wifey for a ride yesterday and scared the shit outta her....and we didn't boost THAT much! :)

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Not sure if this is the new copper colored convertible but a friend of mine was driving along with one on I-69 near the Kruse auction park. He said the car had an Indiana vanity plate with something along the lines of vrt vpr?? He also said the driver looked to be in his early 60's. The car was a copper color and had stripes on it like the one in pictured in the viper magazine he did say the stripes were a lighter shade though.

Does anyone know anyone around Fort Wayne that has had their SRT repainted to a copper color?? I didn't think they were releasing the new color until later this year???

·
10,242 Posts
cjd0267 said:
I work at a Dodge dealer and we just got an email announcing the availability of the Copperhead for dealer order starting today. I confirmed it in the order bank also. It is a limited edition 2005, not 2006. It is, of course, a convertible, not a coupe. The $2500 option features "a unique Copperhead Spectra Coat exterior paint color with a fantastic hue shifting characteristic resulting in shades throughout the orange spectrum from yellow to red depending on the angel the vehicle is viewed from. The interion of the Copperhead has matching highlight stitching on the seats, shift boot, shift knob, park brake boot, park brake handle, steering wheel and floormats. In addition to this spectacular paint and interior the Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition also features lightweight Sidewinder wheels, also seen on this year's Detroit and LA Viper Coupe show cars."
That car sounds hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's an update on Copperhead pricing:
On April 26th we received an email telling us that the previous pricing for the Copperhead Edition Group ($2500) was incorrect. The correct pricing is $2995. All bona fide sold orders dated April 27th or before will be price protected, which means the factory will honor the price.
That is one thing I really like about Dodge and the Chrysler group in general. They will admit their mistakes, and when there is a screw up such as this they will honor their promises. I worked at GM dealers for 5 years before coming here, and GM would have dropped this bomb in the dealer's lap in a second and said "deal with it."

·
Registered
36 Posts
my local dealer has one in the showroom and it looks fantastic. when my sales guy called me to inform me it arrived, i thought he was referring to the "copperhead" concept car. those 5 spoke srt rims look great, wish i could have purchased those on my white srt/10. the msrp is 88,xxx and was wondering if it's worth the money?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.