Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerome said:
And I can also see an aftermarket company making a "filler" to cover up that side window.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Almost like a little body colored louver to make it look more like the concept. The vert looks decent though.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/415733-tb_mustang_coupe.jpg[/image]

Eddie

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy crap, I just read that this fucking thing is still only going to have a 5 speed? No 6 speed? Damn it, the camaro/firebird has had a 6 speed since 93. I can get a fucking hyundai with a fucking 6 speed.

That fucking sucks.

Eddie

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now this looks pretty damn good....

[image]http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/2005Roush-5.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/2005Roush-7.jpg[/image]

Eddie

·
Registered
190 Posts
Slow Eddie said:
Holy crap, I just read that this fucking thing is still only going to have a 5 speed? No 6 speed? Damn it, the camaro/firebird has had a 6 speed since 93. I can get a fucking hyundai with a fucking 6 speed.

That fucking sucks.
And it has a solid rear axle too (like the Mach 1). /images/graemlins/smiles

Remember that this is the entry-level V6 and GT models that we are seeing here first.
When the Cobra comes out, it will again have a 6 speed and independent rear end (and maybe 500HP!).
But this 2005 Mustang is a darn good deal having a new body, new chassis, and 300HP for around $25K. :thumb:

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
Yep...I'm looking forward for the new cobra. Should give a stock GTS a hard time...maybe even lay the wood to it. Only time will tell. But then again...I don't think for wants something too close to the GT(40)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
FYI - I talk with some Ford reps. in Detroit Jan. 2004. At that time, they said the 'Cobra' name is bye-bye for the Mustang. Since they have been working with Carol Shelby, the Shelby Mustangs will return. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
318 Posts
onerareviper said:
FYI - I talk with some Ford reps. in Detroit Jan. 2004. At that time, they said the 'Cobra' name is bye-bye for the Mustang. Since they have been working with Carol Shelby, the Shelby Mustangs will return. Should be interesting.

Can you say KR500- supercharged 5.4 putting out 500hp. They will be
a very limited edition...less than 100 was initially discussed.

I'll post pics when I can.

DN

·
Registered
502 Posts
the 3/4 window is not there for styling purposes...from what i understand without that window there is some serious blind spot action going on....that is what its there for...although ive never driven one....just passing along what ive heard...

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
BYBYC5 said:
onerareviper said:
Can you say KR500- supercharged 5.4 putting out 500hp. They will be
a very limited edition...less than 100 was initially discussed.

I'll post pics when I can.

DN

So ford is going to drop in a lighting motor into the Gt and KR500(or whatever it's called.) It seem that the 5.4 is ford's goto motor. It must be good for ford to be putting it into so many cars. I wonder how the GT guys would feel knowing they could have spent 2/3 less money and got the same motor. Maybe performance parts will be cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.