Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/155605rw600.jpg[/image]

This is our baseline dyno pull on a 2004 Viper SRT10 Venom 650R. The 522 CID motor has 100 break-in miles on it. The customer wants a relatively quiet exhaust so we are using our 1.75 in. long tube headers, no cats and flowing them through the factory mufflers and crossover. Here is more info. on the package:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/henn...ActionReq=Where

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
One thing John........

Your sure the hell a do-er and not a talk-er !!

Well, maybe both...but at least you are "doing" :nod:

Nice numbers.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Equal hp and torque peaking right at the 5280rpm magical number - that is pretty cool :nod:

for those that do not know - torque and hp always equal at 5280rpm - but to get an engine to peak right there is considered about perfect for a performance street engine that is driven everywhere.

That's a strong engine combo John!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jdawg - our Gen 2 Venom 650R systems are not stroker motors. Our Gen 3 Venom 650R's are stroker motors.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Torquemonster said:
Equal hp and torque peaking right at the 5280rpm magical number - that is pretty cool :nod:
for those that do not know - torque and hp always equal at 5280rpm
Barry , I never knew that ! I just went back and checked few different dyno sheets and sure as shit they all hit at 5280rpm..why is that ?

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Beautiful setup John. Very nice work! and a nice write up when 500hp wont do!/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice work John :thumb:

Why do you need to go stroker on Gen 3 when the motor already starts out higher stock HP and bigger displacement? Seems like it should be the other way around.

By the way. My motor is in and running. After a couple hundred break-in miles, I'll take it to the dyno. I hope I can come close to your numbers!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Go Fast For Life said:
Nice work John :thumb:

Why do you need to go stroker on Gen 3 when the motor already starts out higher stock HP and bigger displacement? Seems like it should be the other way around.

By the way. My motor is in and running. After a couple hundred break-in miles, I'll take it to the dyno. I hope I can come close to your numbers!
I want to see these new Motors in Bowling Green, KY for the V-10 Nationals

/images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great numbers John, with an automatic would those numbers be higher or lower???

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Interesting ? fuelman. I would think the converter would rob more power than the manual clutch. Curious to hear the difference as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
JDAWG, I agree. My 6-speed LS1 F-Body makes more power on the dyno than an equally modded automatic LS1, but the automatic is quicker in the 1/4 mile. My 6 speed will run a higher trap speed, but is not as quick time wise.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fuelman - we have not dyno'd our SRT auto yet. The car ships out to its owner in a few days, so we will dyno it before it goes. This particular car just has some simple exhaust and air induction mods, so I would guess that it might make 455 rw hp thru the 6-speed. I will also guess that the auto will put down less power to the rear tires due to the inherent parasitic drag of an auto. At the same time, the auto multiplies the torque more efficiently for acceleration. And seat of the pants says that the auto SRT is way quicker than the 6-speed. I would guess that with just 605 rw hp, 4-speed auto and the right converter, gearing and tires, a very low 10 or high 9 would be possible.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jon - the shift knob is chrome and the shift boot looks like stock. I will post some pics and videos later on. Busy day today. Over and out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts