Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the side sills of the new 2004/05 SRT 10 convertible get very hot as well or has Dodge corrected this problem - I know other posts address earlier models but I am finalizing the due diligence for an 04/05 SRT 10 vert purchase and I am very curious - I take my first test drive tomorrow at 11am. Thanks

· Registered
196 Posts
Thats a bit of a stretch in my book. My '04 side sills will get rather warm but definitely not hot enough to burn, unless you touch the actual opening of the exhaust. The heat shields are much improved over earlier model cars.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
my99gts said:
They made a change starting in the late '04 production year with different insulation that has continued into 2005. Still warm, but not the egg fryer as originally released.
do you know when this "Change" occured?

· Registered
1,804 Posts
BigCarrot said:
Final GTS said:
my99gts said:
They made a change starting in the late '04 production year with different insulation that has continued into 2005. Still warm, but not the egg fryer as originally released.
do you know when this "Change" occured?
Whelp, according to him it happened in late '04. :idea:

LOL, Thank You Captain Obvious!

I was looking for something a little more date specific though...

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris how are the side sill temps on your 05 SRT 10? Do they get hot to the point where you could burn your leg? When I took my test drive the side sills got warm but not buring hot - also what color did you choose when you purhcased your Viper? Thanks alot!

Tony

· Registered
55 Posts
I have the complete Belanger header/exhaust on my '04 (late model year), and the side sills never get so hot that I can't place the palm of my hand on them. I think the high-flow cats in the exhaust are what keep the heat down to a minimum.

· Registered
131 Posts
ARMORGOD said:
I have the complete Belanger header/exhaust on my '04 (late model year), and the side sills never get so hot that I can't place the palm of my hand on them. I think the high-flow cats in the exhaust are what keep the heat down to a minimum.
Armorgod, Getting a Srt-10 soon and was wondering about the Belanger setup. How is the quality and sound?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.