Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Right on the money with the ones I have done here. It really doesn't feel (to me anyway) like the truck has that much power! I suppose because it is so heavy!

DW

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
John has anyone worked yet why all the gen 3 motors have such spikey graphs when the gen 2 motors don't?

it looks like the valve springs aren't holding - but that surely can't be it - any ideas? They all do it - whether stock or modded - it is strange.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hmmm....

My 2001 Lightning with a 4# pulley, chip and full exhaust is putting down 398rwhp and 479ftlbs.

This stock SRT-10 Ram is putting down 428rwhp and 467ftlbs...about 30hp more and 12ftlbs less.

Also, the SRT10 is about 700lbs heavier I think (I might be wrong on this) than the L - I gotta say, for the price difference I'm not all that impressed with the Ram. I was hoping that the Ram would be so sweet that I'd have no choice but to switch trucks but it looks like I'll be switching up to the next Lightning instead.

Cool post - can't wait to see how the Ram responds to mods!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Hey John,

There was a guy on the Ferrari site saying his E55 with a pulley was quicker than your twin turbo they tested in C&D.

When you're finished laughing, come on over and call the guy out /images/graemlins/smiles He is convinced his car stock was a Viper SRT killer. Pure comedy!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David Weaver - at first I got the same impression on the truck and was a bit disappointed. After driving it around I found that the truck runs pretty good once you get it above 3500 rpm. Down at the lower rpm's it just didnt feel very crisp or strong. Certainly the 5000++ lbs of weight is holding it back. Seems to me this truck needs a large injection of torque. A nice set of long tube headers and a shot of NOS (150 rw hp / 250 rw tq) should get it moving. These trucks are also going to be clutch eaters given their weight and power. We only use Centerforce in our 1000++ rw torque twin turbos, so we plan to use this clutch in the Ram SRT too.

TM - I have not dyno'd a lot of stock SRT's but you are probably right about the valvetrain. I suspect that weak lifters may not be helping either.

Nexus - the L is hard to beat in a lot of ways. The Ram is unique for sure though. I will guess that the Ram will out break and out handle the L in a huge way. Add a set of long tube headers, 10 lb. NX bottle behind the passenger seat, centerforce clutch and this truck will give some Vipers a run from a roll.

SRTMike - who knows, maybe the E55 put direct port on it? As they say, there is always somebody faster....... As long as it's me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got the luxury of running into lee saunders driving a srt-10 in my gts with exaust. he jumped on me as i thought he was slowing down to talk when in reality it was just to downshift, i hit 2nd going about 40 with the truck getting the jump and a car or 2 and by 120 had 4 cars on him. it was bone stock, someone elses, and they had just left the track after running 13.20

1 - 8 of 8 Posts