Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sorry, but my wife teaches how to buy and sell stuff on ebay. She tells me anything that you have to pre-register to buy is basically a scam. The total give away on this would be the "FREE" shipping. They pull a bait and switch and get you to use a different escrow company that isn't really an escrow company and walk away with your money. Meanwhile you are sitting there waiting for the car. Most of them will just try and scam you for a deposit. If they can convince ten people to give them a deposit for $3,000 on a car they really don't own they walk away with $30,000 or more. Then the total total giveaway is the price. They use a low price to lure you in with and get you convinced you're getting a bargain. It is sooo appealling you loose your senses and want to believe the bullshit they are selling. Watch this listing it will be gone in a couple days when ebay figures out it's a fraud.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
When are you guys going to learn? Given, it took me a few times of long trips and wasted time to get it through my thick skull - There is no such thing as a free lunch. Things are not as they appear 'on the net', 'in pictures', or 'in print'.

Don't you think if any Viper (Gen I, Gen II, Gen III) was selling for $5,000 or more of what it was actually worth, thousands of people would jump on it? Especially locally? If you're selling something at a 'give-away' price, THERE IS NO NEED TO SELL THROUGH EBAY! You could sell it locally in 1 day. Remember, if something is advertised on the internet at a unbelievable price (or anywhere), thousands of people are seeing this ad. If the intent was to sell this item at that price (which it rarely is), the thought will quickly diminish when this person gets 1000's of emails or phone calls for people wanting to buy.....

Not saying good deals can't be found, but when people are asking a lower price than a dealer would give them on a direct purchase (not purchasing a new vehicle and trading), you know it is BOGUS.

The 1953 Corvette in mint condition that grandma has in her barn since her husband and grandson passed away that she just wants to get rid of and wants to sell for $3,000 (Yes, run-on sentence) DOESN'T EXIST!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was only pointing it out...I think we all know here that it was a scam.....There was a thread a few days ago about three so it is interesting that it was in the same format thats all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Another good thing to do is search ebay motors for the vin they claim to have, often times you can find the real seller of the car under completed items.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
ViperGTS2000,

I know you were only pointing it out... And rightfully so.... My comment was basically directed at those few people that believe there are actually nice Viper's out there (or any car), for waaaaayyyyy less than the market value, and point it out everytime they see some ad that has a lowball price (EBAY or other). All I have to say is 'IF' the car exist, go look at it. You'll see why the price is so low 99.99% of the time. I used to waste my time doing this (traveling to hundreds or miles), but have learned from these time/money wasting trips. Maybe that is why I get so annoyed by these ads....

Later

1 - 14 of 14 Posts