Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery is 100%.

Tried to open the door with the key under the drivers mirror and it won't let me. Can't get in the car. There is no power as I don't see the alarm light on. I've owned this car since 2003 and its never done this before. Why is the door not letting the key let me in? why is there no power to the car? Fuse? nothing online about it either? I always do the work on this car and this is baffling me and the two guys a t the dealer have no clue either? Please help:cursin:
PS it convertible so there is no other ways in but the drivers door.

·
DEETOO
1,622 Posts
Put some pressure to close the door while turning the key, it helps relieve the latch so it is easier to release.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe me. Im pushing on it to the point that I'm 6ft 232lbs and Im worried to crack the door. Why wont it open? whyis the power not getting into the car. tried jumper assit to see if anything would happen and nothing

·
DEETOO
1,622 Posts
Fuse #3 30 amp, fuse #6 40 amp, fuse #23 10amp all go to BCM that controls door functions.
The door should still open with the key cylinder even with no power, as that has a direct cable to the latch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll check the fuses, but the key doesn't open the door. I have it turned all the way and won't let the door release open. Hit the fob and no lights. and no alarm saying it is on. also batter is at 100% as I just had it checked by mechanic and it at 98%. DO A LOT OF VIPER HAVE THIS ISSUE?

·
DEETOO
1,622 Posts
No they don’t.
The key cylinder cable will have a lot of resistance, enough to almost break the key. If it’s too free your cable may be broke or disconnected. At that point you may be sol.
I had to use mine when I disconnected the battery and then start the car to relearn the fob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'm SH*T out of luck?

key is very hard to use but I got it 180 degrees and still doesn't open. still have no power, and checked the battery with my truck. start it right up. any other way in to the car? i know its a convertible, but no side cables to pull?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I would suggest asking on the VOA forum (driveviper.com) where I know there are at least one or two that know the trick for opening the trunk with the keys locked in it. I don't know of any tricks for the door; but, i don't know much about Gen 3.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Another option would be to contact Chuck Tator. He is known for being a very helpful Viper tech. (google) If he or someone does have a solution, be prepared to prove that you own this Viper and are not some guy reposessing it, or otherwise. People aren't going to make a public post of how to get around the security/locking systems (if there is a way.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its definitely my car. I don't know how to prove it? or even power it up. Like i said, mine since 03. this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, even though it seems like Ferrari seems to have the same issues with their cars. this is a great forum an when I finally figure out this problems I will definitely post it

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
I'd just break the windshield. I hear those things are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
its definitely my car. I don't know how to prove it?
Good to hear you say that it is definitely your car. How to prove it to someone would depend on how careful they are. In the USA, we have titles for vehicles, and they show ownership tied to the VIN that is visible through the windshield. That could be one way.

It probably doesn't help credibility, having a user name of "sleazy". lol.

·
DEETOO
1,622 Posts
When I disconnected my battery, the doors would not open with the fob. I had to use the key, then start the car and it reset the fob to the car. It’s all controlled by the BCM in conjunction with the security module. The BCM supplies power to the latch and is directly connected to it i.e. nothing to “jump out” to power the latch unless you have access to the BCM.
When you break the side window to get in, I suggest using packing tape across the whole window to minimize cleanup inside the car.
I would keep trying the key and jarring the door while you turn it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slezy is my College Football nick name.

I'm going to re check all my fuses again under the hood. The main ground would be under the hood too??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i did re read post 14, but I'd rather not break the window as everything in the car is original including the glass. I wish the key would open the door

·
DEETOO
1,622 Posts
One more thing to try. Found this in service manual.
To re-sync the transmitter and module you can hold down both the lock and unlock buttons for 5-10 seconds the module will acknowledge success by a horn chirp and normal function will return

1 - 20 of 28 Posts