Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a 03-04 srt but would like to know what problems to look for. There seem to be alot of these cars for sale , considering how many were produced. I have read some of the posts on the viper nation and vca site, and would love to know how the ac has been upgraded and what issues I should look out for before makeing this purchase . Any info would be greatly appreciated .
I am located in arizona so if there are any owner close by let me know. thanks again

·
Registered
899 Posts
there will be when '04 production end 1800 per yr or 3600 total SRT so far. Any of the issues on these cars would still be under warranty. I have about 10,500 miles on my '03 that is a year and a half old and the only problem is that winter is too long in michigan and i dont have as much time to drive the car as i would like.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Both '03's and '04's have each their own recall issues which you would want to check to know if they had been resolved yet. If not, the dealers will fix it. The AC is strong. With the roof up, the cabin can be made downright chilly, even here is South Florida. With the roof down, there is alot of heat intrusion, but if you aim the vents directly at you, it is more tolerable.

·
Registered
161 Posts
One of the more significant probs was with the 03s I believe, and may have been just a certain number in the 03 production run but it had to do with the heads / valve train which I believe limited the full HP potential (ala the Ford Cobra debacle)

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Viperjoe said:
One of the more significant probs was with the 03s I believe, and may have been just a certain number in the 03 production run but it had to do with the heads / valve train which I believe limited the full HP potential (ala the Ford Cobra debacle)
Correct. I have one which needed and had the valve job done by a Dodge dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.