Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site, so if I'm not in the correct area, please forgive me. I have a question that someone may be able to clarify. Do the 2002 GTS ACR's fall into the 'Final Edition' class? Do they have the 'Final Edition' plaque on the console? Like most red-blooded males, I have always drooled at the sight of a Viper, but have just recently taken a more keen intrest in them. I have been watching several on ebay for the past couple of weeks. It seems like there are quite a few for sale right now. Is this normal, or is the market for Vipers not that good right now? As I have never owned a car like a Viper, it seems strange to me that so many that are for sale have so few miles on them (usually less than 10,000) why is this? I'll stop with the questions for now so I don't bore anyone, but if someone could help me with these questions I would appreciate it. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Most people don't drive them that much. I am not sure about the FE on the 2002 ACR, but I think it is. For some reason, I have been seeing Vipers selling lower hten normal. Not sure why.

Welcome to the site!! When you get one, make sure you get use to it before really running it. Most Viper crashes happen within the first 500 miles or so because people don't respect what the car can do.

Chip

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
as long as they're red and white they're final editions regardless if they are ACR's or not.

www.feviper.com

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
as long as they're red and white they're final editions regardless if they are ACR's or not.

www.feviper.com
so you are saying if i have a '98 red/white viper it's a final edition? /images/graemlins/bs

/images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yes, there were some ACR's built with the FE moniker

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
iispms said:
When you get one, make sure you get use to it before really running it. Most Viper crashes happen within the first 500 miles or so because people don't respect what the car can do.

Chip
This is very true and I advise you to do the same. I once heard a statistic that 1 in ?? vipers never make it home from the dealer. They are very powerful cars, and must be respected no matter what you skill level. Even a seasoned pro can be bitten in the ass by the snake with no warning.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Firebolt - when you get closer to buying - I strongly suggest posting on here - doing a background check on the car - and if possible, have a current viper go look at it with you... There are a lot of scams out there - and chances are, if it isn't new, we might already have an idea about the car and owner...

When you get it - don't worry - just point the car in a straight line - AND HAMMER IT!

/images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response. What would be a good price for a 2002 GTS/ACR, good condition, average miles? Does it hurt the value to hop one up? What is considered high miles...it seems to make quite a bit of difference. Is buying one on ebay pretty risky? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't know anyone who has a Viper, I live near Wichita, Kansas and don't see many around. These are expensive cars, and I'm trying to be careful and not get hosed. I really like the Red/white color 2002 GTS's. Thanks again :help: :help:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2002 GTS FE and yes they were available with the ACR pkg. I wouldn't mind high miles if I knew the history of the miles. You can find a low mileage car that was beat hard and be in a lot worse shape than one that was well maintained and driven as it was meant to be. Buying anything from EBAY is risky, I would make sure you get all the info about the car that is available, and like the other folks said either take a present owner with you or post it here and maybe someone will know something about it. I would guess in the $60000ish range would be about average. Good luck

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
Fire - post here in 'anything goes' and also over on the "other" site - surely there are many many owners in or near Wichita...

When I bought my ACR - I had someone go check it out for me - when they gave me the green light - then I went for it... But, I was also dealing with new cars - obviously more risky and all the more important that you have a current or past anal owner check it out /images/graemlins/smiles

For example, up here, doing the check on a used viper, all the dealers say to stay away from the Indian owners - evidently they beat the piss out of them - then trade them in - in a matter of months... So be careful and reply on people on this site and two others to keep you from getting a shitbox...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts